chapter 14

Molly Weasley had been waiting on platform nine and three-quarters for half an hour now, she was not happy. Firstly a few weeks ago her home had been searched and the Aurrors had uncovered a number of illegal love potions that were being sent to Dumbledore, she was arrested and given a huge fine which looked like it would take at least three generations to pay off. Secondly her idiot son was unable to befriend Harry Potter! how hard would it be to make friends with a lonely neglected child. Dumbledore had stopped contacting her and stopped sending her money, she was going to strangle her son if this was his fault. How had one child , her own one at that managed to destroy all of her plans! now unless something was done Harry Potter would never marry Ginny and she would never get the Potter fortune which she rightfully deserved. Then all of a sudden she felt cold, it was familiar to her and she turned to see a Dementor on the platform, its chill was infecting the entire crowd who drew closer together, no one wanted to attack it as the law stated Dementors could only could be repelled if they were causing a problem and the chill was not causing enough of one. Then the train pulled up and the Dementor's chill suddenly receded, she could see Ron in the window and she shot him a dangerous glare but then she saw his eyes were pointed elsewhere.
"Hi mum" a sweet quiet voice suddenly hissed into her ear and she saw Harry Potter hugging a Dementor. Her mouth fell open; on the first day of term she had heard about this but never believed it, a Dementor was his mum !. How had Dumbledore allowed this to happen, it was one thing to keep a boy weak but obviously putting him in Azkaban made him stronger, she thought he had gone to his Aunt and Uncle's but someone must have put him in a prison. How, who and why were the thoughts going through her head as she saw she was not the only person looking shocked, some had seen it before obviously but a few people mirrored her expression.
"Hello Harry, Lucy" another man joined the scene and she saw Lucius Malfoy walking over to the two; so he knew a dark family! how was this possible and Lucius was greeting a Dementor!
"Hello Mr Malfoy" Harry smiled "and Lucy says hello". The boy could also understand Dementors! what the hell was going here, though suddenly she saw a woman with her mouth twisted into delight. Rita Skeeter was looking like she had just been handed a million Galleons, her pen had exploded but the reporter was to transfixed on the scene to care. Oh God no; Molly suddenly realised how this looked. After Harry had been taken to his Uncle's Dumbledore told everyone that he had placed the boy in safe hands, and now it looked like he had given him to the Dementors. This was very bad, she had no idea if it Dumbledore had lied and placed Harry in Azkaban but this was going to ruin him, he had already been accused and charged with taking part in dark rituals along with stealing money and now people were going to think he imprisoned the boy who lived, no this could ruin everything.
Harry on the other hand was paying no attention to Molly and was instead chatting to Lucius while the man waited for Draco
"So Harry are you coming to the party this year? and Lucy is always welcome of course" Lucius inquired politely. He had shown the Dementor a great deal of respect for saving Harry from the Dursley's and commended her methods of restraining them. Also he felt awkward because he drunkenly offered to have a threesome with her last year something which Lucy had done everything in her power to forget and Harry knew she was glad that she couldn't speak or the conversations would be really weird. Lucy did not do much at the party except feed off the happiness, the excessive amount of happy emotions meant she could absorb it but have no effect on the guests.
"I will be" Harry confirmed,
"As will I" Lucy announced and Harry translated.
"Good, how was school. Draco mentioned a certain red haired boy giving you trouble" Lucius continued with a hint of disgust in his voice.
"He tried but I doubt he will try anything in the near future" Harry assured the man not wanting him to go into a rant on blood purity. Harry had no time for the ideal but for Draco's sake did not comment on it; how the hell Draco was going to explain he invited a muggle born to the party he had no idea but Harry could soothe things with his powers if they got too out of hand.
"Good" Lucius smiled seeing Draco "I shall see you at the party ". As he left Lucy mumbled
"It seems you're having an effect on him"
"How?" Harry wondered
"When he used to visit the prison before he knew you, he was very small-minded and racist but over the years he has become less and less. He sees you as an equal despite being a half blood in his eyes and he shows me respect. Lord Voldemort saw us as mindless monsters but also allies and during the war that is why we sided with him, he promised us freedom against muggles and souls to devour which we did not want but we wanted more than we had. He has lost a lot of this racism and I think he's having doubts on some of the most respected Pureblood ideals " Lucy replied looking at the silver haired man with interest.
"Maybe he is" Harry agreed thinking about it, then Lucy's skeletal hand lightly tugged at his, shadow travel it was then. Harry loved the exhilaration and even though everyone was watching he and Lucy slowly sunk into the shadows.
Azkaban
"Calm down Bella" Sirius sighed from his cell as his cousin paced up and down
"He's back today" she squealed "Without him this prison is well... a prison".
"I know but pacing up and down your cell for an hour won't make time speed up now will it?" he asked sharing her feelings on the matter
"You should be ashamed of yourself" a voice spat, Crouch hadn't shut up since Harry left; always going on about how Bella was betraying the dark lord
"And you should shut the hell up Crouch, he's a boy and had no idea what he was doing when he killed the dark lord, you can see how powerful he is, Dementor magic or whatever he has, well in a few years he could take on the entire ministry and win. Just because you cried in front of your father because you were caught makes your no better than me, I left that courtroom with respect while you cried and wailed as your own father sentenced you to life and now you sit in a cell bitterly like a fool" she retorted furiously.
"How dare you" Crouch begun
"Shut it Crouch" Sirius interjected. However the man did fall silent as in that moment a Dementor swooped in and pointed a finger at him, it was a warning and a clear one as in the next moment Harry entered the room.
"Harry" Bella and Sirius exclaimed together as the boy approached. He beamed at them and Sirius saw Crouch retreat back into his cell
"How are you Sirius? and you Bella?" Harry asked warmly; happy to be reunited with the pair. He shook Sirius's hands while Bella who refused to be obstructed by the bars of her cell forced her hands through them and pulled him into a hug which involved him being pressed into cold metal.
"Oh we're fine" Bella informed him waving her hand "what we want to know is how you're doing at school?". Sirius opened his mouth to protest but seeing as he also wanted to know about his Godson's time at school he did not answer Harry's first question. So for the next hour and a bit Harry began explaining what he had done in school, to his surprise both Sirius and Bella were very happy with him making Ravenclaw and Sirius even applauded when he told them he made the Quidditch team.
"A first year playing for a team, all the greatest players start young; Krum, Jones and all the rest started from an early years" he exclaimed proudly
"And you can fly without a broom which isn't in the rulebook at all so you have a clear advantage" Bella pointed out gleefully knowing Tom Riddle as a boy also made sure he had a clear advantage in everything. Harry knew what comparison she was making and was not happy about it but not wanting to offend his in all but blood Aunt he let it slide. He left out Quirrel in his explanation and thought it was better not to tell the two that a man was out for his blood in the school as it would cause them to worry and also both would try to find a way to break out of the prison and most likely kill the man. He did mention the troll but failed to play down the detail about him turning into his Dementor form
"Rewind you turned into that full form you almost killed them kids with and beat a Troll almost to death?" Bella interjected looking awed that a first year could do such a thing. Harry meekly nodded not wanting to bring back the horror he had felt after realising he had almost drained a creature's life force. Sirius luckily sensed Harry did not want to talk about this and changed the subject,
"So made any good friends?". Harry mentioned all of them and saw Bella remained completely indifferent when he mentioned Hermione, he assumed she would be against the idea but she made no comment. Deciding not to press the matter Harry then mentioned Cho and he saw Sirius look quietly impressed that he had befriended her and after a quick glimpse into his mind found he had a brief relationship with her mother during his school days; something he decided never to mention to Cho. After a while he decided to see Dora and the other Dementors and once he was out of earshot Sirius looked at Bella oddly.
"What?" she asked in an innocent tone
"You're not annoyed he made friends with a muggleborn?" Sirius asked her knowing she had strong views on blood purity. Instead she laughed loudly; a noise very rarely heard in the halls of Azkaban
"Really cousin? your half blood godson who also is part Dementor is the most powerful person I have ever seen. He can resist the Dementor's chill something which the Dark Lord couldn't do for goodness sake, he can fly, break into people's minds, manipulate them, use wandless telekinetic magic and turn into some kind of super powered Dementor. Please, I gave up on that blood purity stuff when I realised the most powerful person I know is a half blood. Then I noticed that not even some purebloods go along with it, so I disregarded it. I have no problem if he has a Muggleborn friend" she laughed. Sirius was shocked; never did he think that his cousin would throw away ideals taught to her since birth, she was the pureblood supremacist always and yet here she was telling him that she had thrown the idea away. This was close to a miracle and it only took the existence of an eleven year old to do it
"He really is something" Sirius murmured
"He is and I can't help wonder what he's going to be. With all his powers he is still humble, using them when he needs them and not all the time like most people would. He has been given this power and yet he is sensible with it, I have no idea what he's going to be in the future; he could be the next dark lord! or he could be the saviour of this world" she sighed looking towards the spot where Harry just sat.
"What about the dark lord?" Sirius asked wondering if her loyalty to him was affected by this sudden change in perspective.
"Once there was a time I would follow him to the gates of hell and I see bits of him in Harry. His cunning, his intellect but that is all, these skills he has have always led to greatness but Harry is unlike the Dark Lord in every other way. Now I think about it he never cared about any of us, he wanted power and if he ever rises again I don't know if I would take up the call" She explained sadly
"He changed you" Sirius remarked under his breath
"And Lucius, when I knew him he would never allow a half Dementor or a Dementor into his home and now he welcomes both with open arm. He's having an effect on everyone and it seems very few people realise it. He made me see the light and repent, and if he can do that then I think he can do anything"