The day

Delia's POV:

I'm glad I got that letter done, I need to post it. il drop it off in an hour or so Sister Julienne is still on call she is for another 4 hours so this will be boring, I hope Pats is home before I pass my midwifery training! I would love for her to be at the party we could have a celebratory kiss, I hope... If she wanted I mean. I wonder if Pats would come back if her father died, she could go anywhere she pleased. Why would she come back to Poplar? There is nothing here except her friends and work and me... I hope that's a good enough reason for her to come home.

It roughly takes 4 days for the post to deliver from Shanghai, internationally I think so her father could die there tonight and I wouldn't be able to know until Monday morning it's now Wednesday. It's so unbelievably frustrating I can't talk to no one about Pats or our bloody love for each other they wouldn't understand. I really hope times change, and laws evolve I can't keep this relationship in secret for all my life. I feel like I and Pats would want to adopt but I'd be the jealous one and be jealous of the baby haha, both of us in fact Pats loves my attention. I love giving it to her if I have to be 100% honest.

Trixie walks into the bedroom with new clothes in her hand it seems she has gone on a spree! I honestly don't know where she gets this money. "Hello Delia, what are we doing on Pat's bed then?" "Oh Barbara fell asleep on my bed, she had a long first stage apparently, must be exhausting," I say brushing my hand over patsy's pillow. "Oh, Delia don't start saying that, this is what your training for, you know I did use to think we were the superheroes. Now I think the mothers are the Heroins doing the real saving, bringing up children in these conditions, I once said this to Jenny. How I miss her, she was like you but more uptight and she was one marvelous Midwife." She says staring off out the window "Bearing in mind Patsy is the best by far we've had here dealing with the more intense situations and having a love life." I look at her estranged, "Love life?" I say with a worrying tone, "Yes! Finally, she goes out on her days off with some man, Brunette I suspect., she said they went to this bar and they danced a while and had a little fondle!" "Oh good on her!" I smile, what Trixie doesn't know that person is me... Yes, we had a fondle I can't help myself around her but that's all, and the bar we went to was the bar with people like us! Crazy in love women. "What are you smiling about Ms. Busby! have you got a gorgeous other half too!" she says as she Walks over to me looking down and smiling. "Well Trixie if you must know, there is a redhead on the scene." I smile looking down at my hands twiddling my thumbs, "And..." "And what, you dark horse you!" she says with a sparkle in her eyes. "Well if you must know we haven't kissed yet, Buy they have got an amazing bum!" we both giggle to each other, you and Pats are so lucky all I seem to get is the man who isn't made for me and Now going to marry my best friend." She looks upset and then giggles, "Trixie I'm sure you will meet the love of your life one day, whether it will be tomorrow or in five years I couldn't tell you, but trust me you will." I give her a reassuring smile and hold her hand, and then release my grip. "I suppose, So Delia when can I meet this redhead?" she quickly changes the subject back to my love life, "Well I mean, When I feel comfortable and we've done more stuff  I guess. I'm definitely not going to have sex but maybe a little fun." Trixie looks at me understandingly, "Yes I totally understand, I do like a little fun myself. I know I don't look like that type of girl and I don't usually act like it but If he treats me superbly he might have a little chance for a kiss." she looks at me smirking while holding a cigarette in one hand, "We don't want them to get too much do we" I say as I stand up and walk to the door, "No we don't Delia." She giggles and I walk out.

I walk downstairs and walk with Phylis to the medical room. "Oh hello lass, I didn't see you behind me, how are you?" "Oh, I'm fine Phylis you know the regular relationship troubles." I look down at my hands, She walks over to me and pulls me by the wrist to the corner. "There isn't a good way to come out and say this but Lass I know you and miss Mount have been more than acquaintances since I saw you sneaking out of her chamber." I looked at her worryingly "I don't..." I mumble. "Ms. Busby, Delia I know and I'm not at all against it, just be careful, will you girl." her hand touches the side of my face and I lean to hug her, "Thank you, Phylis." Sister Julienne walks in, I push off her and Wipe my tears away, "Nurse Busby, are you ready to be observed?" She looks at me placing her medical bag down on the table. "Of course Sister." Phylis leaves the room and lets Me and sister Julienne get along with her observation.