Facing the Music 2

Aryan shuffled in his seat as he looked at Santiago who was looking at him with a small smile.

"You know this is our last session," said Santiago.

"Okay, can I and Salvatore sleep in the same room now," asked Aryan.

That had been one of Santiago's suggestions. To sleep in separate rooms. They did, but God was it horrible.

"Don't kid me, I am sure you both ended up in the same bed atleast five times in the past two weeks," said Santiago.

Aryan blushed.

"We did not have sex. We couldn't even take a nap. He always soothes us... He didn't sleep at all. He stayed up," said Aryan touching his grown tummy.

"It's okay. I knew that would happen,"
Santiago smiled.

"Salvatore shows his love through small gestures. You know that you accept it. Then why don't you trust him?" asked Santiago.

"I do trust him," said Aryan.

"Yeah, you trust him with your life, your kid's life. You trust him with everything in this world except to with your heart. You don't trust him to not break your heart," said Santiago.

Aryan looked down.

"He is so... so unapproachable, the aura the power. I see people cowering before him, admire him, respect him and I feel so small. How childish I was when I adamantly went behind him because I loved him and love him more than I ever thought I could love another person now. It still reminds me I was a brat and I did force myself on him. My dad-"

"I knew Avanindra. Has it ever crossed your mind that when Avanindra loved you both equally, he might have done it for both of you?" asked Santiago.

Aryan looked at him.

"You have no clue how you have changed Salvatore. You only see the looks directed at him. Have you seen the respect that is directed at you, the admiration? Ask Caroline. Do you know how many people talk about you and thank you for being alive? You turned Salvatore into a human being. He was so gone in his quest for revenge. His pain had blinded him and he is a human being now because of you. Aryan he was merciless. He is back to being the kid I knew him to be. It's all thanks to you. You chose to come to me knowing I was his dad's right-hand man once trusting me to help you and him," said Santiago.

"Dad has told me that no one here would see me any different because I am your child too," said Aryan.

"Oh, you so are," smiled Santiago.

"You just have to let him show you his love. Would you cheat on Salvatore?" asked Santiago
Aryan looked appalled.

"I would die before that. I wouldn't do that even on death," said Aryan.

"Then how can you not trust Salvatore to not do that? Let him show you that he does care okay? You guys will be alright. If you are not convinced and want another counsellor I can recomme-"

"The only counsellor who can help me now is Salvatore El Manzoni," said Aryan.

Santiago smiled.

"Go home kid. He will be going nuts not seeing you back by now. We took five minutes extra today," said Santiago.

Aryan smiled and got up.

"I think this is our last session. I will bring Salvatore around for a review as a couple," said Aryan.

Santiago smiled.

"How did you know that?" asked Santiago.

"Because I feel better and Salvatore said that is when the session ends after he did earlier this week," said Aryan.

"You are an insightful kid, go ahead, your man must be burning down buildings now," said Santiago

"Thank you so much," said Aryan and walked out.

-----------

Sure enough, Salvatore looked properly worried, having worked himself up with all possible scenarios of an attack and who he was going to kill.

Aryan rolled his eyes at the man and he had the audacity to glare.

"No secret lover stashed away, Today was the last session, so our counsellor had a little more to say," said Aryan and hugged the man around his waist.

Salvatore was still not used to such displays of affection. He was not sure if he ever will be.

"Are you okay?" asked Salvatore.

Aryan nodded.

"Come on let's have dinner, I think our kid is also hungry," said Aryan leaning into Salvatore's shoulder.

They had dinner and there was a peaceful silence between them.

----------------

"I was wondering if we can go away somewhere, you know maybe for a couple of days when we don't have to think about work and can relax. I feel the drain at times," said Aryan.

"I will ask Caroline to manage it for a week?" asked Salvatore.

Aryan looked at him.

"Where will we go?" asked Aryan.

"Spain? I have my father's properties there and you can also see how far your business grew there from outside," said Salvatore.

"I want to hear the real reason of why Spain," smiled Aryan.

Salvatore looked at him.

"It's my homeland in a way, where I was born," said Salvatore.

Aryan nodded.

He kissed on Salvatore's chest and looked at him.

"You can be such an idiot," said Aryan.

----------------

Salvatore had the flight chartered for them. He was, sure enough, made the security tight. He looked at Aryan who looked so cute but tired with his 7-month tummy. They can feel more movements now. Salvatore liked feeling it. He was still not sure if he will be able to deal with having a child, but he was sure Aryan was going to help him every step of the way.

Salvatore looked at Aryan who was now asleep on his shoulder. He even had some places to go in mind and a whole trip planned out. He was sure Aryan might just end up hating him after this long exposure to him. He was not a great man and Aryan would know that soon with the prolonged company. Before talking to Santiago he had this thought that Aryan just might leave when he gets to see Salvatore for who he was. But now, there was this hope that Aryan might stay, that he already knows and doesn't care about the inhumanness in him.

--------------------