4

"You okay?" Liv's sister Jane asked from the other side of the phone. Liv held back a sigh as her eyes looked out at the sea. She was currently on a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier in the middle of the ocean where they were all waiting for Captain Steve Rogers and Bruce Banner to arrive.

Jane had called Liv for their weekly phone call and she never failed to bring up the whole 'are you okay' question. Each time she asked felt like another stab to the heart as Liv thought about Thor, but she wouldn't let it show.

"It's been a year, Jane. Why wouldn't I be?" Liv asked. "That's not an answer," Jane said. Liv was hesitant for a moment before saying, "I'm fine, Jane."

That was probably the biggest lie that she had ever told her sister.

Thor's brother Loki was on earth and had not only taken her best friend but the man who was practically a father figure to her as well. And then there was the fact that she was expected to be an Avenger now even though she only just found out about the program a little less than twelve hours ago.  And to top it off, Loki's words about Thor had really shaken her up.

So to say she was fine was far from the truth.

Jane was quiet for a moment before saying, "I know you're not fine. I can tell by the sound of your voice." Liv sighed, "I'd rather not talk about it right now, Jane." "Okay. If you don't want to talk about it, then we won't talk about it. I'm here if you need anything, okay?" Jane asked.

"Foster!" a voice yelled and Liv turned her head to see Natasha getting off of a jet with Bruce Banner behind her. Liv smiled at the girl and waved before turning her attention back to the phone call.

"Thanks, Jane. Listen, I've got to go. Work's calling. Tell Darcy I said hi and I'll call you later, okay?" Liv asked. The two then finished up their phone call and Liv quickly said goodbye to her sister and said that she loved her before ending the call and putting her phone in her pocket.

Liv then turned around and saw Natasha talking to Fury. The brunette quickly ran over to her other best friend and practically leapt on her from behind. Natasha laughed and Liv could've sworn she saw the corners of Fury's lips turn up slightly.

Natasha turned around and quickly pulled Liv in for a hug. "It's been too long, Romanoff," Liv said as she squeezed the girl. "I know. You should've come with me instead of staying back with Clint," Natasha told her.

Liv tensed up at the thought of Clint and Natasha gave her another squeeze as if to apologize. The two then pulled away and Liv avoided Natasha's concerned look. Instead, her eyes flickered over to Bruce who was standing there awkwardly as he looked around.

Natasha noticed her staring and smiled before saying, "Liv, this is-" "Bruce Banner!" Liv immediately cut her friend off. Bruce looked at the girl in shock before Liv held out her hand. "I'm Olivia Foster, but everyone calls me Liv," Liv told him.

The man reached out to take her hand and Liv shook it enthusiastically. "I'm a big fan of yours, Dr. Banner. My sister is a scientist and another one of my close friends is as well, so I've heard nonstop about your work. It's outstanding to say the least," Liv said with a huge grin on her face.

Bruce's look of shock never left his face as his eyes flickered over the girl's face to see if she was telling the truth. "You're a fan of me?" Bruce asked. "Not. . .not the-"

The Avengers [ 1 ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara