CHAPTER-11

"Will you please lift up your handbag from here?" a husky voice brought Zara back to the reality and she teared her eyes away from the window and looked up at the person.

She narrowed her eyes at Aabir who was standing across her seat with his hands in his pocket and a backpack slung over his one shoulder.

"What are you looking at? Hurry up and lift up your handbag."Aabir said again,his voice lacking a lot less patient than it was a few seconds ago.

"What for?"Zara asked , raising her eyebrows in question.

"Because I wanna sit here."Aabir replied, rolling his eyes.

"Why here?Why don't you go and sit with your friends?"Zara demanded.

"I would like to sit with them.But you can see ,there's no seat next to them .So I've no other option but to sit here with you."He replied with a slightly irritated expression.

Zara gazed around the bus and when she saw that he was speaking the truth ,she huffed ,grabbing her handbag from the seat and placing it on her lap.

Aabir shook his head and stowed his backpack in the luggage rack above their seat .

"Why didn't you sit with Sam? There was a vacant seat next to her."Zara asked when Aabir settled into the chair beside her.

"I am not comfortable with her."He replied,honestly.

Zara didn't ask as to why he was uncomfortable with Sam because she already knew the reason.She'd seen how clingy Sam act around him.She'd seen her hitting on him countless times.

So,rather than asking about the obvious,She asked another question which popped up in her head at the moment.

"Then are you comfortable with me?"She asked.

Zara was somewhat curious to know his answer because as far her knowledge,she wasn't in his good books either.

Then why did he choose to sit with her instead of Sam?She was interested to know.

"Because comparing to her,You are a better option."Aabir replied and she gave him a scowl.

"Do you have any other question?"He asked curtly.

"No."Zara muttered,still wearing the same scowling expression on her face.

"Thank you."Aabir sent her a forced smile and turned away.

"What does she think of herself?She acts as if I am dying to sit with her."he murmured under his breath .

"Did you say something to me ?"Zara asked,cocking her brows at him.

"No."Aabir shook his head , feigning innocent.

"But I heard you saying something ."her frown deepened.

"Your ears must be ringing then.I suggest you should consult an otolaryngologist before it gets worse.One of my friend's father is an otolaryngologist. If you want I can give you his number."He said,giving her a tight lipped smile.

Zara's temper flared at his sarcastic remark.She almost opened her mouth to gave him counter back but somehow she stopped herself as she didn't want to ruin her journey by getting into a verbal spat with him.

So saying nothing ,she just scowled at him.Aabir also gave her a scowl in return.

"How are they doing?"Misha asked Kabeer over phone.

"Aah,Pretty bad."Kabeer muttered,glancing behind him at the seats where Aabir and Zara were seated."They were arguing over something a while ago and now, they're scowling at eachother."