Chapter 5: Ariel's Heartbreak

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Taylor asked, helping her pack her clothes into a travelling bag. Ariel decided to come to Yorkton for the beach party which would be held for three days. She had given the idea a thorough thinking and decided that maybe, she needs to get out of her comfort zone and explore. And then, he'll come back for Ruess. She will find him, talk to him and get the closure she needed. Yes, that would be it.

 "I'll be fine alone, Taylor" she reassured her friend. "I've done this a couple of times before, remember?"

 Her bestfriend nodded. She was concerned, but Ariel was a big girl and she can take care of herself.

 While Ariel walked to the train station, she wondered what happened to Kyle after she had left. He had begged her to stay, to forgive him, to give him a second chance while Sera hung her head low in embarassment. But its not easy to forgive and no matter how much she wanted to stay, she couldn't. Things weren't the same as they were.

 When she was about to put her ticket into the built-in slot, someone familiar had called her.

 "Ariel?"

 It was Simon. The same geeky Simon with chestnut waves and awkward glasses that hung on his oily nose. He was Ruess and Kyle's friend from Salisbury and he stayed on the apartment with them, too.

 She wanted to gave him a hug but she held herself. She felt happy that she had seen him, someone familiar, someone that connects her to Ruess but she felt something other than too. Disappointment, maybe. For what? She doesn't know. Maybe she was hoping to bump into Ruess.

 "Hey Simon." she said casually.

 He scratched his head. Simon does that whenever he was tensed or something. He felt guilty for tracking down Ariel but he had to do it. Ruess needs closure either to move on with his life or start a life with Ariel. These two needs a little push.

  "Hey, you're due on the train, too?" he asked, not knowing if he was saying the right thing.

 "Yeah. Actually, I'm on my way to South Salisbury." she replied rather cheerfully. "I'm heading to Yorkton for a three day beach party with my friends."

 She slid the ticket into the slot, Simon did too.

 "I'm heading there too. Kyle's mother passed away last Tuesday and.. you know.."

 "Really? Oh my god. I didn't even know." she said mournfully, taking a step inside the train where a few people were sitting. Some children were loitering around. They walked a bit until she found them a small compartment to sit on. Simon reluctantly joined her. He should be telling Ruess about this but that can wait, actually. He had managed to tracked Ariel, everything should be easier.

 "Yeah. You're not with Kyle anymore?"

 Ariel felt a twinge of disappointment. Simon hadn't known what was the real deal? The littlest hope she felt of seeing Ruess had faded with the smoke billowing from the train.

 "Nope." she answered shortly and Simon didn't pressed the subject further.

 Ariel slid the key into the keyhole with trembling hands. The sound coming from inside the apartment had tore her heart over and over again. The screams and moans of pleasure along with the pitter-pattering of the rain had weakened her legs.

 The door gave a faint click. She twisted the brass knob with her still wet hands. She could hear Ruess breathing behind her. She could feel his tension, his anger and anxiety radiating off him but she had to do this. When this is over, she would have to leave. Everything will go back to the way it was. She could forget this nightmare.

 She turned to face Ruess. He gave her a blank stare. Ariel knew he didn't like the idea of coming here and catching Kyle in action. She held his hand, entwined her fingers with his and closed her eyes, waiting for his warmth. Waiting for her heart to calm down which never happened. But holding his hand was the only comfort she had. She held it like a lifeline. A pulsating lifeline that can stop anytime.

 She pushed the door opened and it gave a faint creak. Inaudible compared to the screams and moans and loud creaks of the bed.

 Ariel made her way into the bedroom with Ruess behind her. They crept towards the dark, finally reaching the open door. Where's Nate and Simon? Obviously, they weren't around. Nate might be staying with his girlfriend and Simon might be on his friend's house. Typical.

 She fumbled for the switch which clicked as the light opened.

 Kyle and Sera scrambled to their feet, surprised on what's going on.

 "A-Ariel?!" Kyle sputtered, trying to fit his foot on the wrong side of his trousers. His manhood still wet from Sera's lust. Ariel tried not to look at it but she did and it was painful. More painful than seeing the two of them together.

 Sera had pulled the covers on her.

 "Kyle." she greeted coldly.

 Kyle took noticed of his bestfriend.

 "You-" he said gritting his teeth in anger. He began to lunge at Ruess who was faster than him. He punched Kyle and kicked him and Ariel never bothered to stop him. It would never be enough to pay for the pain he had caused her. Sera was shouting Kyle's name.

 "F..F...Fuck..y..you" Kyle breathed, his mouth bloodied.

 "No Kyle." Ruess said. "Fuck you."

 She didn't need to say anything. It was all over. She needed to leave.

 "A-Ariel!!" Kyle said, holding her arms to stop. He hugged her and he reeked of sweat and sex, it made Ariel want to puke. He sobbed on her before finally bending on his knees. He looked like a lost boy. Somebody so helpless that it only  made her blood boil with so much hatred. She should not pity him.

 "P-Please. I-"

 "Save it." Ariel said. This time, all her tears had ran dry. Only the pulsating pain stabbed her and she was getting numbed. "Its over."

 "Its over now huh?!" Kyle shouted furiously. He pushed her and she would have landed to the floor if Ruess hadn't caught her in time. "You're doing my bestfriend now?!"

 Ariel cackled as she stood up. Ruess looked at her, surprised.

 "I'd rather screw Ruess over and over than screw you."