Chapter 1

Peter Parker always knew who he was.

He was son of Mary and Richard Parker.

But they died so he lived with his aunt and uncle. Well...aunt May... uncle bens dead too...

He knew he had brown hair and brown eyes. I mean, he had his whole life so how could he forget?

He knew he was spiderman. Half spider. Vigilante of Queens.

He knew he had the best mentor ever, Tony Stark.

He also had the best best friends. Ned and MJ.

He knew all of these things.

And... well let's just say that everything he knew was about to change...

———//—-///—- pReSenT—-///————//——

Today is his 16th birthday. To Peter it isn't anything special, he usually didn't celebrate it or tell anyone when it was because he didn't want anyone to ever get him anything.

May knew of course, she actually got him a cool leather jacket he'd been wanting.

Leather jackets didn't really fit his aesthetic, but he thought it would look cool nonetheless.

So Peter put some gel in his hair, his leather jacket on his shoulders over a science pun t shirt and headed off to school, waving at May with a smile.

Today was going to be a good day. He could feel it.

The second he walked into the school grounds, MJ started walking by his side, like she usually does, head in her book, saying nothing.

Then Ned joined them starting the conversation.

Peter auto piloted and only slightly listened to what his best friend was saying, since he usually just rambles about nothing.

Peter opened his locker and grabbed his physics book.

His eyes fuzzed for a second and he blinked harshly.

"Hey dude is that a new jacket?" Ned asked.

Peter looked at Ned.

"Oh. Yeah. It's cool right?"

MJ looked at his jacket for a second. "Yeah. Cool. I guess. You're still a loser tho." She said without eye contact.

Peter smiled at her and then looked at Ned, who had a confused expression.

"What?" Peter asked.

MJ noticed the tone in Peters voice and also looked at Ned. Then she looked at where Ned was looking.

"Peter are you wearing contacts?" She asked.

"What? No? Why??" He said, obviously lost.

"You're eyes are like super bright red right now. Like your full iris. Not the sclera." Ned said in disbelief.

"You sure you're not wearing contacts?" MJ asks skeptically.

"Yes???" Peter asks now getting concerned.

The bell rings and everyone but them files into their classes.

They pull Peter in the bathroom. Yes, the boys, MJ doesn't really give a shit.

Peter takes one look in the mirror and steps back, sucking in his breath.

"What the fuck" he says under his breath slowly stepping towards the mirror again.

MJ and Ned watch.

"Did some evil mastermind shoot you with a magic weapon or something last night on patrol?" Ned asked.

"No, dude yesterday was so calm I just stopped a few mugging and a car chase." Peter informs.

Peter pulls at his under eye, examining his iris.

"I mean, those eyes with that jacket, you look kinda bad ass not gunna lie." MJ says.

"Not helping, MJ, but thanks? I think thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me." He admitted.

"Yeah whatever, anyway just except that you're a devil spawn and let's get to physics I don't wanna miss the teacher balancing a chair on his chin. I'm going to make so many memes and I need a picture to do so." MJ said, walking out of the bathroom.

Ned and Peter sighed and followed.

Peters thoughts were going a mile a minute, but he pushed them back and focused on school for the time being. He occasionally dwelled on the fact that May is going to freak out.

Peter totally forgot about the eye thing until after school when he caught his reflection in his mirror.

He groaned and rubbed his eyes again.

Nothing. Ugh.

How does this even happen???

Peter inspected his hair for a second. He could have sworn it wasn't this dark this morning....

Peter phone buzzed and he answered Ned's FaceTime.

"Hey dude whatsup?" Peter asked.

"What the hell dude are you pranking us or something?" Ned asked.

"Wh-"

Ned added MJ to the FaceTime.

"What do y- oh my god what the fuck Peter did you dye your hair or some shit?" She squinted her eyes.

"No! Is it really that dark? I didn't really notice until now..." Peter said. "Guys, I have no idea what's going on..."

"Y'all should come to my house." Ned said.

"Ok, Mays going to be home soon so I'll leave a note.. she can't see me like this I swear she'll kill me thinking I dyed it. I probably won't patrol tonight anyway."

"Oh what about you MJ?"

"Yeah ok my moms working an over night shift so she won't care. See you losers there."

"K bye."

Peter hung up and looked at his reflection again.

At this point he looked like an anime character.

Damn.

What the hell is going on?

Peter almost thought he saw a flash of blue come from his finger tip but shrugged it off.

Whatever. He grabbed his backpack and exited his apartment, leaving a note, of course.

He sighed and plugged in his earbuds.

Hopefully whatever happening was reversible.

Otherwise Karen would tell Mr.Stark...

And well... let's just say that wouldn't end well..