Chapter 5

Peter immediately started swinging toward the sound.

He approached a building, with one of the walls blown through.

Peter sighed and ran in to confront the attackers.

He saw a couple guys hustling to grab a guy, while the bystanders ducked, since the guy had a gun and there was no way they would stand in the way.

"Hey uh tweetle dumb and tweetle dumber! Put down the guy! We can all work this out-"

Tweetle dumb fired his large gun at the ceiling, cutting Peter off.

"No. Go home insect, you have no business here. Us, on the other hand do."

Peter steps toward them, and they readjust their guns, warning him.

"What'd the guy do?"

"He owes us money. All of his, preferably. He didn't fulfill his end of the deal. So obviously we're going to kill him." Tweetle dumber answers.

As the bystanders shuffle out of the building undetected thanks to Spiderman, the 2 men aim both of their guns at the man they held, who was trembling with fear.

"Hey!" They looked to Peter, probably now annoyed at his presence.

"I-if you're going to shoot anyone, shoot me!"

"Alright." they muttered.

They shot and pointed at Peter before he could realize what he said.

But instead of ducking the bullets or freaking out, he waved his hands.

And the bullets fell to the floor inches in front of him.

Peter chose to pretend like this was normal and raised his hand to pretend like he was going to do something else, making the tweetles scram in a heartbeat.

Peter checked over the guy they were going to kill, and after realizing he wasn't hurt at all, he left it to the police and he went home.

Peter felt normal. Well, he felt weird that he felt normal.

But he just stopped bullets like it was nothing.

That's crazy. But why does he seem unfazed?

Peter slipped in his window and changed, putting on a beanie, so May didn't see his hair.

He sat down at his desk and decided to get some homework done.

He heard May check on him, she decided to leave him alone since he was doing homework, which Peter was very thankful for, since that meant she didn't see his eyes and he didn't have to explain.

As he was finishing up his English essay he felt something in the back of his mind.

He slightly sighed and got up to lay on his bed.

He couldn't ignore it much longer.

He closed his eyes until he was back in the dark room.

With Loki.... with... his father...

"Peter." Loki said, showing his enjoyment of him showing up.

"Loki...." Peter says, unsure of... well... everything...

"I realize you've come aware of the magic coming with your new dna, I just wanted to check up on you."

"Oh. Well thanks, but I really should be going-" Peter says, about to fade out back into his room.

"Wait! Peter please, please stay."

Peter gives him a weird look. "Why should I?"

"Well I thought that maybe we could get to know eachother. I can tell you more about... what this all means..."

Peter stared at him. He didn't seem at all like a threat. We all know what happened last time he believed a stranger...

"Child, you seem to have some past trauma. We can talk about that as well if you would like. I know how it is. You can tell me anything. And it will stay in this dark room."

Peter seemed to loosen up a little. "But what about my body, it's getting late, shouldnt i-"

"Being in here is the equivalent of your body sleeping, so no need to worry."

Peter let a breath of relief.

"Now come on let's sit, tell me about you. I want to know everything."

They sat on the floor of the dark room.

"You first." Peter says.

Loki smiles slightly. "Well alright. How about I tell you about all the times I've pranked my brother."

Peter nods.

As Loki told him stories Peter became more comfortable and often giggled at his funny remarks.

After awhile Peter started spilling some details about his life. Things he probably wouldn't tell anyone.

Peter never really had anyone to talk to until now. He always had Ned and MJ but they didn't really get it. Besides, they weren't in the best place right now.

For now, Peter had Loki.

And that's all he needed.

Peter heard aunt may making breakfast.

Had it really been that long?

"Loki I have to go, my aunts going to come wake me up soon."

"Ok. Thanks for talking with me. Maybe tomorrow we can discuss more about magic?"

"That would be awesome."

They exchanged a smile.

And Peter faded back to reality.