Chapter Eleven

*Dominic's POV*

         Sighing I walk over to my desk, tossing the papers onto it as I pull my chair out and sit down. I quickly scan over the proposal, nodding along as I read it through. John wanted to send small groups of ten over at a time. Not wanting to leave his pack totally unprotected. Once they had all finished a majority of the training he wanted me to agree to letting a group of my men visit his pack to complete the training as one whole group. I had to agree with his logic and reasoning. It wouldn't be smart to send everyone over here all at once and I had to also agree that sending a group of my trainers their to finish their training was also a good idea. John really is a smart Alpha, even if we don't always get along. We tend to agree on many things, keeping our packs safe is a big priority and I couldn't agree more with him wanting to train his pack further. I've seen them in action before, yes they were skilled fighters but there was still many areas that they could improve on. As I think about this I instantly know who to put in charge with the first group. His way of teaching will definitely make things easier.

I sign the papers before standing from my desk and walking to the printer/scanner and fax machine. Punching in the numbers I set the paper work in the machine and watch as it scans them one by one. When it's finished I grab them, walking back to my desk I grab a small ring of keys from my pocket. Opening the bottom drawer I put the papers in before closing it back up and locking it before puting the keys back in my pocket. I stretch out, my arms going high above my head as my back pops and cracks. My eyes quickly scan the other papers on my desk, a small smile on my lips when I realize none of them are top priority and can be finished when I find the time.

'Let's find mate.'  My wolf chimes in. I think for a second before walking to the office doors. I don't have anything else to do, so why not.

'Pft, don't act like you aren't itching to see her too.'  He grumbles. I roll my eyes at him.

'Yeah, I do want to see her, but don't go all crazy on me this time. You need to control your urges.'

'I'm not crazy! I just want mate. You won't let me have her, sorry that I actually care for her.' I growl at his words, shutting the lights off before I close the doors behind me.

'I do care about her. Don't you dare say I don't. That is the only reason I've put up with all your crap over the years. You've been so puppy whipped since we met her. I couldn't even look at another girl without you wanting to rip my throat out.'

'Because we only need mate! Of course you shouldn't look at other women, stupid human. Mate would be sad if she knew what you have done. She has saved herself for us, but you couldn't keep it in your pants.'  He snaps.

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. Sure I was a stupid hormonal teenager who slept with girls. Once I found out Felisha wasn't my mate I saw no reason not to sleep with she-wolves from other packs. I hadn't found my mate yet and I needed a release from everything going on in my life. A year later, when I found Nikita I had felt horrible. Here was this sweet, innocent and perfect girl and she was meant to be all mine. Yet I had been a dog, I immediately stopped seeing those girls and haven't been with anyone in the past five years. I just hope that is good enough for her because I can't go back and change the past. If I could it would have saved many people a lot of pain.

'We just need to take things slow. Trust me on this one okay? I promise as soon as she is ready we will mark her.' I tell him. My words seeming to please him as he grumbles an agreement before retreating into the back of my mind.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Following the scent of my mate, I find myself standing in the doorway of the living room on the main floor of the pack house. The room was full of people lounging around on chairs, couches, loveseats and random beanbags. Some of the girls had even made a giant sitting spot with pillows and blankets spread out on the floor. Two teen girls ran past me, their arms full of snacks.