Chapter 4

Back with John, he appears in this new place, where there were a lot of vampires around in a room. Then someone comes out of the shadow and looks that he was in charge, but then John recognizes this man.

"Wait!! I know you! You are that mysterious man that I met back at the public carriage." Says John excited to know someone in the room.

"Yes! Indeed, I am! Young doctor." Says the Mysterious Man seriously.

"Who are you? And what is this place?" Ask John with the hope that this time he will answer his question.

"Doctor John, my name is Marcus Cornivous and you, my friend are a newborn." Says Marcus and he said exactly what the other mysterious woman said to John, that he is a newborn.

"Marcus Cornivous!? I never heard that name before. Wait! A newborn? That's what the other lady told me! Is she here!?" Said John asking many questions and eager to thank that mysterious woman that saved his life.

Marcus got concern about what John said, so he asks.

"What lady, John!?" Marcus Said concern.

"Well she was like my height and she has a very pretty face, she also has red hair and a very seductive voice." John describes her as the best as he could.

"Wait could it be... if it's who am think it is, could that mean a sign of The Great War!!" (Said Marcus Cornivous talking in his head)

"So is she here or..." Before John could finish speaking, he was interrupted by Marcus.

"No! She is not!" Yells Marcus raising his head a little bit with pride, and he smiles at John acting as if nothing bothers him.

"Who are you describing is a general from Dracula!" Said Marcus with a little hatred in his voice when he mentions the name Dracula.

"DRACULA!!" Says John extremely surprised.

John laughs and denies Dracula existence.

"Hahaha, wait, Dracula it's just a myth a barely legend to scare kids."

Marcus sighs

"No, he's not, young doctor, but that's a subject for another time. So, my agent told me you fight an Ekon and you lost." Said Marcus very serious and changing the subject.

Everyone in there laughs at John.

"An Ekon!?" Ask John confused, not knowing what it means an Ekon.

"An Ekon is a lower level vampire," Marcus explains.

" A Vampire!!" Cry out, John.

"Indeed, young doctor that's what we are and that's what you are." Said Marcus with the hope that he understands what he is now.

"So, that explains a lot of things I guess, but I thought Vampires, Dracula was all just a legend." Said John with difficulty to believe in vampires and Dracula.

"No young doctor, vampires are real." Said Marcus assuring John.

"So, what's an Ekon?" Ask John eager to know what they are.

"An Ekon young doctor it's a low-level vampire consume by its wrath." Explains Marcus.

"Consume by its wrath?"

"Indeed, young doctor it's when a vampire tries to "transform" another human into a vampire, but if that human it's consumed by its own wrath he transforms into our primitive form and we call it an Ekon." Explains Marcus with much more detail.

"That's a lot to take in." Said John still processing all the info that they gave him.

"Am sure it is, hopefully, I could tell you more, but I need to argue with my brother, so if you excuse me." Said Marcus with a little laugh.

"Your bother!? Who is he? What's his name?" Said John asking a lot of questions.

Marcus laughs.

"Hahaha, his name is William, William Cornivous. I'll talk to you later and answer so many questions that you have. Bye young doctor." Said Marcus leaving the room and everyone else does the same except for the vampire that helped John to escape. He tells John that he needed to follow him.

"Come on John, we need to prepare you." Said the Vampire Agent seriously.

"Prepared me!? For what?" Ask John's concern.

"So, you learn how to fight and kill the hunters." Said the vampire agent.

"Are you out of your mind! I am a doctor I took an oath to save lives, Not taking them! And today I just broke that oath by killing two men in cold blood. I... I can't do it anymore." Said John sad and angry at the vampire agent.

"Look, John! Am not your bloody babysitter all right, if you don't learn how to fight and kill does bloody hunters, you are going to die!!"

"I don't care! You can teach me how to use my powers and how to defend myself from them, but that's it all right, that's it. I will never take another life."

"Very well then, works for me." Agrees, the vampire agent.

John starts training on how to use his new powers and to control it so he can never take another life. They start with the simple, his claws how to use it, then his speed and finally using a sword although John was against it, the vampire agent forced him. Finally, they finished the basic lesson.

"Well you know now the basic, enough to survive a hunter, but you need to practice more how to use your claws and your speed to your advantage." Said the vampire agent looking at some swords laying on a wooden table that is in front of him.

"Look I already told you, am not going to..." Before he could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by the vampire agent.

"This is not for you to kill a human it's to kill another vampire! All right." Cry out the vampire agent at John.

"Another vampire!? What do you mean?" Ask John confused.

"We are at war with the prince William Cornivous and his followers." Said the vampire agent disappointed.

"William Cornivous!? But isn't that Marcus's brother? Why we are at war with them?" Ask John extremely concern.

"Look, William thinks that we should make mankind suffer. This rage of him started right after the father of the two-prince left to another place that no one knows about, only the two brothers."

"But what happened? Why he wants to make mankind suffer?"

"Some people think that is because they have killed enough of us, others because he is just mad because of his father leaving, but no one knows; so please don't be so stubborn and learn how to use this gifts to kill another vampire all right." Said the vampire agent with a little anger in his voice.

John then agrees to him to learn how to use this gifts, so he can defend himself from the vampires not killing them, but he is mostly concern that he is now a part of a war that he didn't know about.