Chapter Three: Why I Love the Name Jasper

Jasper stroked my hair as I retched into the toilet again.

"I don't want you watching me. You must be disgusted," I said to Jasper, sighing.

"Why would I be disgusted? This is for our baby." I smiled at his words.

Once I was done, I brushed my teeth and went into the kitchen. I was very hungry, so I got a whole bunch of food and sat at the table. I started eating rapidly.I checked my watch.

"We have to go," I said. It was time for the doctor's appointment. It wasn't very exciting. He weighed me, saying that I had more fat than I really needed which was fantaastic, in case I got the flu, because if I lost a few pounds, it wouldn't hurt the baby.

That made me feel sad. He had basically said that I was too fat for just having a baby. But I didn't care.

Jasper laughed when we got in the car.

"I saw your expression when he was talking about your weight."

"Oh. And?"

"It looked like you were going to murder him," he laughed. I sighed.

"I'm too fat to be with you." He glanced over at me, amused.

"In what universe are you fat?" He said playfully.

"This one."

"Sure. You were underweight last year, do you remember?"

"Yeah."

"He said that you had extra weight, which was healthy. He told me in private that you would look normal once you had the babies. He said it you would be well within the healthy weight for a girl your age. Don't worry. I'll always love you, even if you were the size of a whale once you're done. I love you."

"I love you too, Jasper. Really, I do."

We walked into the aprtment, and I went to the kitchen to grab a snack. When I moved, I felt something move with me. Inside me. I dropped a hand to my stomach, and this time, it was a spot of pressure, a kick.

"Jasper!" I cried, "Jasper! The baby moved! The baby kicked!"

He came running to me and placed a hand on my stomach. He grinned as he felt it. The pressure, the kick.

As a 16 year old, I had never felt anything better in my entire life.

***

4 months to go. My stomach stuck out way in front of me. Dr. Robertson said that it looked as though I were 6 months pregnant, rather than 5. He took a test, and discovered that my baby was bigger than average, so he figured that I must be eating very healthy foods. I grinned at that.

Ever since I was little, people always told me that I looked old for my age. People always thought that I was a couple years older than I actually was, so people didn't give me weird looks whenever I went out, as I figured they would, because I was 16 and pregnant.

It was kind of fun going shopping, because people kept telling us congratulations, and patting my stomach... it made me feel very happy.

I had so much love in my life. I loved my fiance, I loved my baby...

I was suprised at how much love one person could hold without exploding.