Chapter 5: Regrets and Realisations

Within literally two seconds I ended up in the dining room. Outside the sun was lowering and it was getting dark. Sue and Reed were having dinner-together-at the far end of the restaurant. They were the only people in the dining room other than the few employees cleaning up as well as Johnny Storm who was holding a pink jacket around his waist.
‘You guys will never guess what just happened to me?’ Johnny said excited, strolling in. I rushed in within an eye blink and stood beside him.
‘Sue, Reed you’ll never guess…really Johnny?’ I said, straining hard to not slap him over the head. I can’t believe it! A few hours ago he was about to stick his tongue down my throat, now he had some other chick’s clothes around him.
‘What’s up with your hair?’ he asked quite dumbly at me pointing to the long mass of red hair. Sue and Reed gave me the same puzzled look.
‘What’s up with me? You have no pants on!’ I shouted.

‘Did you put extensions in your hair?’ Sue asked me, as she got up from her chair across from Reed.
‘What? No of course not, I just ran like a million miles an hour and then my hair started growing and then I cut it and then it started growing again’ I blabbered out, probably making no sense to them whatsoever. I looked to Johnny, Reed and Sue.
‘What is wrong with me?’
‘It’s not just you’ Reed said, a worriedly expression on his face.

><><><><>< 

‘It has to be the cloud, it has fundamentally altered out DNA’ Sue explained as her and Reed hurried along through the corridors. Johnny and I were tagging behind, to say we were experimenting with our new found powers might be an understatement. It seemed that Johnny could produce fire from his fingers
‘Let’s not jump to conclusions. We need a massive amount of evidence to support that theory’ Reed spoke back. Same old Reed, so theoretical.
‘Guys, look’ Johnny walked up to his sister and Reed, one hand still clutching the pink parka around his waist the other, clicking his fingers and causing a flame to go on and off just like a lighter. I wanted to see how fast I can go, so I started to run rings around Johnny as he stood there showing off what he could do. I counted each and every time I ran in circles, my hair flew back and my body had never gone so fast before, my heart raced inside my chest, thumping against my body faster than a hummingbird’s heartbeat. I dug my heels into the floor, stopping myself and causing my whole body to stop, I felt my clothes cling to my body. My hair was in disarray as I swiped away a piece of flustered red hair.
‘I just ran around you 30, 000 times’ I giggled hysterically. Oh my god! This was awesome!

Sue looked to Reed with an irritated expression,
‘The cloud has fundamentally altered our DNA’ he confirmed. Johnny erupted in laughter,
‘Cool!’ he chuckled, ‘and guys I think I was flying’ he said as Sue and Reed continued to walk down the glass hallway.
‘Johnny, you always think you’re flying’ I seethed to him.
‘Awww Maxxy’s jealous’ Johnny grinned. I grit my teeth and narrowed my eyes.
‘We need to find Ben’ Reed said aloud, having no idea of the conversations that were going on around him.

Navigating our way through the compound we found the wing where Ben’s room was. Johnny was annoying his sister by continuously clicking his fingers, the little jet of flame going on and off constantly and continuously. I however was racing about the place like a supersonic maniac, my limbs flailing around the place I almost had no control over them, my hair I’m sure was knotted, colours, and figures, landscapes were rushing past me in blurs as I was racing around the walls of the corridors and bouncing on and off the walls like Spiderman.
‘Stop it’ Sue seethed angrily, ‘Cut it out Johnny. Johnny stop it’ Sue turned to Johnny and used her big sister tone with him. I grinned to myself and watched as I hung from the roof of the hallway hanging off the hallway light and watched the sibling rivalry.
‘Alright?’
‘Alright, yes’
‘God’
‘God, what’
‘What is wrong with you?’ Sue clenched her jaw angrily and narrowed her eyes.