40

40 : spankings
song : i'm yours - jason mraz

I was surprised when I woke up to the scent of bacon, my stomach grumbling since the last thing I'd eaten was stolen gummy bears

The warm sunlight spilled through the thin curtains, warming my legs that had escaped from the covers throughout my tossing and turning in the night. I glanced over to find the bed empty, but I wasn't surprised.

I released a yawn as I pushed myself up into a sitting position, rubbing my eyes for a few moments in hopes to adjust to the lighting.

I decided before I went out and faced the music, I needed to take a shower after everything I've dealt with these past few days.

I wasted no time in slipping into the bathroom and taking Vitale's shirt off before climbing into the shower stall. Unfortunately he only had men's body wash and shampoo and conditioner, but at this point I'm glad to have anything.

I quickly washed up before stepping out and drying myself off, nabbing a spare toothbrush from the cupboards and brushing my teeth as I stared at myself in my underwear, wondering what exactly I was going to wear today.

I settled for one of Vitale's shirts while I washed my clothes from yesterday.

I trotted into his bedroom and grabbed a clean, white t-shirt, thankful it didn't expose any personal bits to the world.

I grabbed my clothes and started them in the washer in the laundry room around the corner from his bedroom before finally making my way towards the delicious, unmistakable scent of bacon.

"Kyle, if you don't get your hand off of my bacon, I will cut off your fingers and shove them down your throat." Ian's aggravated voice met my ears as I padded through the living room, heading for the dining room around the corner where the voice was coming from.

"Ooh, he has threats. I'm shivering in my boots!" Kyle wavered his voice dramatically as I turned the corner to catch him snatching a piece of crispy bacon off of Ian's plate and shoving it into his mouth before he could react.

Ian reached out and smacked him alongside the head before sending him a death glare that nearly sent me into a fit of hysterics.

I watched in amazement as they bickered, completely unaware of my existence, the scene of the bustling city behind them through the ceiling to floor windows.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," a raspy voice called from behind me, sending my stomach into a frenzy.

I spun on my heel, a cheesy grin on my face as Vitale approached me. He was already dressed for the day, his usual white dress shirt tucked into his black dress pants. He wasn't yet sporting a tie or suit jacket but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

His calloused hands cupped my cheeks softly, leaning down and pressing his lips against my own in a quick peck.

I couldn't help my giddy smile that broke out afterwards, and he mimicked it with a smile of his own.