42

42 : affairs & whatnot
song : burn the house down - AJR

By the time Eli, April and I were done having our heart to heart, they'd officially finished working and I was elated since I was becoming fidgety

I was then handed off to my mothers wardrobe coordinators who helped me into a deep red, spaghetti strap gown with a plunging neckline. It was maybe my favorite dress that I've worn, and it hurt my heart that my mother won't let me ever wear it again.

By the time I was completely put together, it was five minutes past six and I could hear the music downstairs. I had shut my phone off after sending the mass text in order to focus on April and Eli so I have no idea who is coming, if any of them.

With one last glance at my reflection in the mirror, I decided to head downstairs. The walk to the staircase felt longer than usual as I held my dress, careful to not step on it. The music was muffled along with the chatter and buzz of everyone who had already arrived.

As I came to the top of our grand staircase, I was surprised to see the amount of people already swarming below. So many people and I know maybe five of their names.

I shook my head, not about to go down the existential crisis road when my gaze lingered over to the open front doors.

My breath hitches in my throat and I feel my heart begin to speed up in my chest. Vitale was stood in the entryway, his green eyes glued to me at the top of the steps, his hands in the pockets of his perfect black suit.

His hair is gelled back neatly, one loose strand dangling over his forehead as I love so much, the stubble on his face more prominent than the last time I saw him, only defining the angles of his jaw even more.

My hand gripped the railing and I realized just how fairytale this moment is and nearly gagged.

With one deep breath I continued down the stairs slowly, my right hand holding my dress up and my left on the railing as I continued down.

Vitale moved to the bottom of the stairs, holding his hand out to me as I got to the third to last step. I placed mine in his, continuing to the bottom where Vitale wasted to time in tugging me close to him, tucking a stand of hair behind my ear.

"You look breathtaking, tigrotta." He whispered, effectively making my cheeks flush with heat.

I looked up at him through my lashes. "You don't look too bad yourself."

I rested my hand against his chest. He placed his hand over my own, cupping my cheek with his other hand and leaning down.

"Okay, guys, no need to stress the fact that you want to rip each other's clothes off. Chill out." Kyle's voice made us stop before his lips met mine.

Vitale rolled his eyes, releasing an annoyed sigh.

"You're an idiot, have I ever mentioned that?" Vitale turned to Kyle, slipping an arm around my waist.