Chapter 11

"Arabelle, it's me." Xander whispered.
I just sat in the corner and cried, my whole body shaking in fear. I was absolutely terrified, of not only Evan, but of everything.

Xander tried picking me up, but I shrieked and pushed myself further back at his advances.
"Arabelle, what happened? We're all okay, nothing can hurt you anymore?"

I lifted my head and looked him in the eyes. I couldn't help the sobs leaving my mouth.
I stood up and fell into his arms, hugging him to death.

"Arabelle, what happened, why is your neck bloody?" He questioned, I answered with another whimper.

He aggressively picked me up, this time succeeding, and carried me out of the room. I could practically feel the anger radiating off him.

I hid my head in his shoulders, too scared to look at my surroundings.

„Lukas, call the Brothers. It's an emergency." Xander yelled.
He continued carrying me, until we reached my room and he carefully sat me down.

"Shhhh, it's okay Arabelle" he softly cooed into my ear. "No one can hurt you anymore, Babygirl"
I started crying hard.
"E-evan, h-he" I sobbed, not letting Xander go.
His grip on me tightened.
"What, darling?"

"H-he came a-and b-bit me a-and
th-threatened me.
H-he s-said I-I would b-be his" I croaked out.

Xander listened silently, I could tell he was drowning in anger. He softly separated my arms from around him and stood up.
I curled up in a ball again and watched him from my bed, as he screamed in anger and punched the wall. My desk flew around the room and shattered to pieces, then he stood still.
He turned around and looked intimidating as ever. I, however, was not scared of him, he would protect me.

"I'm not ever letting you out of my sight again, we will be attached by the hip Arabelle." He spit out, I nodded slowly.

He watched me with a worried look on his face and then sighed.

"Come on little one, we're going to treat the wound on your neck."
I was about to stand up, but instead he picked me up again and carried me to the the attached bathroom.
He sat me on the sink and pulled the first aid kit out of one of the cupboards.
"Come closer, babygirl."
He then started looking at my neck. His soft eyes turned angry once again and he lowly whispered to himself "I will kill that motherfucker".

I hugged him again.

After disinfecting the wound, he bandaged my neck.

He put the first aid kit away and was about to leave the bathroom. He then turned around and looked at me expectingly.
I jumped off the sink and followed him.

"Arabelle" Someone from beside me said. I shrieked in surprise and fear, still traumatised from the earlier events

Xander growled angrily "Be fucking careful, Lukas".
"I'm so sorry Ara, how are you? Are you okay?"
I took in his tall form and noticed a relatively big bandage wrapped around his shoulder.

"Oh my god Lukas? You got shot??? Are you okay??? What happened? Please tell me you're okay!" I panicked and tried hugging him, but Xander pulled me into his side. I blushed a little, he was taking the "joined at the hip" thing very seriously.

Lukas giggled "Oh Ara I'm fine, just a graze. Believe me, the other guy got it ten times worse"

I poured at his 'humour'
"This is not to be laughed at, Lukas. You could have gotten seriously hurt fighting like that."

"Oh girly, you're adorable. But we're paid to fight. Protecting you is our job."

I frowned a little. I know that. Still, it is difficult to imagine that they could possibly die and it would be my fault.

"Xander, they will be here at 4am, they're taking the jet." Lukas said, I instantly knew who he was talking about.

"Perfect, I'll be downstairs. From now on, Arabelle and I are going to sleep in the same room, tell Roxanne to prepare a bed."

I gasped.
"What no! Xander I understand the importance, but I can't sleep in the same room as you, you're a man after all" My face turned a bright red colour as I mumbled out the words.

"I'm not familiar with being that close to men." I looked down. Of course I was surrounded by hundreds of men, but they always kept their distance. We barely ever talked for heaven's sake! And Xander has always been so mean, he was sweet today, but what about tomorrow?

"Arabelle, this concerns your safety. You have absolutely no say in this. Your brothers gave me a job and I will do my best to fulfill  the task given. Plus, it's a lot easier to protect you, when I'm close to you and know where you are at all times" I blushed again.

I really did not know what to say anymore, he'd going to be in my room 24/7? Us two? Alone?

„Can Lukas stay with us, please?" I pleaded.

„Yes, 4 eyes are better than 2 after all." Lukas jumped in.

„Absolutely fucking not! Lukas get that idea right out of your fucked up head." Xander growled aggressively.

„Whatever, that's settled then. Arabelle go to the kitchen, you will be dining and then go to bed." Xander ordered.

„Lol wtf, who even are you? Her bodyguard or her daddy?"

„Shut the fuck up Lukas, before I smash your ugly face."

„O-okay, ehem, I'am on my way." I shyly mumbled and made me way to the kitchen.

Ascot, our cook, prepared delicious chicken casserole.
The dinner was silent again. Not even Lukas said a single word, Michael kept quiet as usual and Xander was busy  glaring at Lukas throughout the entire meal.

A second after I put away my spoon Xander pulled me up by my arm.
"We're going to bed."

I looked pleadingly at Michael and Lukas, begging them to say something. They just looked away.

I got pulled up the stairs and into the room.

A few meters away from my bed, stood a second bed. Xander's bed.

Oh boy, this will be fun...