Chapter 14

I cuddled more into the warm chest that laid underneath me.
Wait, this definitely does not feel like a pillow.
I slowly opened my eye and screeched back at the sight.
A half naked Xander laid underneath me, one arm still kinda wrapped around my waist.
I tried prying his fingers off my body, just to get some distance between us.
His bipolar behaviour confused me.
What was going on with him? A few weeks ago he wouldn't come near me even if his life depended on it.
But now? I'm practically caged in his arms.

Just as I thought about being caged, he tightened his grip.

"What are you doing?" He grumbled tiredly.
"P-Please let me go" As if he just realised our position, he shoved me away from him.
I pouted.
"This is my bed, the only one who will do the shoving is me." I stated proudly, he just huffed.

I ignored his strange attitude, stood up and hurried to the bathroom to get ready.
I heard some rumbling from my room, so I assumed he got ready for the day as well.

Once I finished my business, I left the bathroom, just to discover that he was already waiting at the door.

Normally he would comment on anything, but now he kept quiet. What provoked the change?

"Are you okay?" I asked shyly. Was it even my business?

"Why are you asking?"He said in his dark voice.

"You seem very different lately. I don't know. Less angry?" I rambled on.

"Oh, that. Nothing happened, now stop being so inquisitive and go to the kitchen."
He grumbled.

Instead of asking further questions I ran down the stairs, straight to the kitchen.
To my surprise Lukas stood at the stove, making some pancakes.
"Lukas!" I squealed and ran towards him.
"Babe, there you finally are. Romeo over here was waiting for his Juliet." He joked around in a flirtatious way, which made me blush.

"Shut up, Andersson" The man behind me growled angrily.

"Get away from that asshole Arabelle, you can help me set the table for the both of us." Lukas said and pulled me even closer to him.
I freed myself and started setting the table.

"I really fucking hate you, Andersson. You better be careful." Xander said darkly.

"Well that love is not one-sided, Black. Keep your hands to yourself though, I'm better off with 'Belly over here."
I couldn't hold back the giggle as I heard the way he called me.
Bad move though, Xander clenched his fists even harder.

"Calm down around my sister." A voice suddenly interrupted.

"Derek?" I shouted excitedly and ran into his arms.
"I missed you, little one." He said warmly and hugged me back.
"Where are the other two?" I looked up to him.

"Well, we're coming separately. We weren't together when..." He looked down angrily.
"Oh yeah, hm, so when will the be arriving?"
"Probably within the next two hours, I" He got interrupted by my grumbling tummy.

"Oh little one, I forgot that I disturbed your meal. Lukas come and serve her some of those damn pancakes. Xander, get her some cutlery, a plate and the bottle of syrup." Both grumbled, but complied nonetheless.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Derek whispered in my ear worriedly.

"Hm yeah, just a little shaken up still." I whispered back, but much quieter.

" Babygirl, here are some delicious pancakes, for the princess." Lukas stated and was about to serve me some of the mouth watering preciousness, but was interrupted by a loud bang.

Xander dropped the syrup and glared at us. As I saw the glare directed at me, I shrunk back into my chair.

Derek watched the scene play out and pulled me towards him, seemingly protecting me from the two strange men.

"Lukas, you're going to take over Xander's position as Arabelle's personal guard." He calmly stated.

Then all hell broke loose.

"WHAT?" Xander screamed. He threw a chair over and puffed angrily.

"You see Xander, you need to figure out your temperament first. Calm down, I thought about this for some time now."

"I'm the only one who will ever be able to properly protect Arabelle, you know that."  Xander tried defending himself, trying to calm himself down.

"When it does come down to it, you might be. But are you also to protect Arabelle from yourself?"

And that's the last thing I headed, before Lukas pulled me out of the kitchen, straight the rose garden.

Ahhh finally, what a short chapter, I'm not proud of myself lol. But still, better than nothing I guess.
I'm almost through with my finals 💅🏻💅🏻
And guess what, my birthday is in 12 days 🎉🎉🎉
Anyways, have fun with the chapter and I will try and update more continuously from now on!