Chapter Five

He came back after an hour. I was ready. He came through the door and shut it behind him. He took off his dress shirt still looking at me. I averted my eyes, trying to avoid that burning gaze.

"You know this isn't just any regular room?"

"Really?" I gave him a flat answer.

"Actually this is my room. You're the first person other than my mother to be in here" I then looked up to narrow my eyes at him.

My mouth gaped looking at him. Damn his perfect werewolf genes, he looks like a Greek god. He was attractive, so attractive... I snapped out of it closing my mouth to prevent myself from drooling.

"Are you trying to gain my trust?" He shrugged slipping on a regular shirt now.

God his eyes always seem to catch me in a trance.

"I could be or I couldn't be. You can decide that on your own" then he started to walk closer to me. I got up, putting my hand behind me to grab the cloth, wrapped around the scorching rod. "Now I need to know more. What are your intentions with the werewolf world?"

"Nothing to hurt them. Again I was only a newborn when I was found. Why would I hurt those who raised me?"

"I have a feeling your hiding something. Like your lying"

"Believe what you want but I'm not hiding anything King." Now he was inches away from me. He really has no sense of personal space does he?

He went to say something again but I reacted already. I grabbed the rod lodging it into him. He roared as I pulled it out and used it to break my chains. He fell to the floor, holding onto the new wound.

I ran for it, getting to the door. I unlocked it now making it to the hallway and booking it. My tiny human legs could only take me so far. I dodged a few wolves who were in confusion as to why a human was running in the halls. I then felt my hair get tugged on and I was brought to the floor. I landed on my wrist again making me scream.

He was back. The King was back. He got me. But how? He straddled me to keep me down. It gave me a better view of the wound and it was closing up quickly. The skin went back to normal as if nothing happened.

"Have you forgotten? I have royal blood. Your puny human tricks won't work on me. Are we clear on that?" His voice completely changed as he whispered into my ear. It sent shivers down my spine again. I tried to push him off of me but he wouldn't budge.

"Do I make myself clear?" He repeated.

"Y-yes. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I said out of desperation.

He grinned getting off of me and tugging my hair up so I would get up as well. As we walked back both of us got even more curious glances. He only smiled at them, pretending to hug me from the side. What is with this act?

"Sorry won't cut it. Not even for a human" he whispered again. Then he pushed me foreword, into the room. I gripped my wrist, backing away from him. "Who do you think you are?"

"I just want to go home. Do you blame me?"

"Humans never fight back, never"

"You haven't met me yet. I won't go down without a fight" I pushed him away from me again.

There was a knock at the door. His eyes narrowed at me and he went to grab the chains again. I just let him tie me back up. I sat down in defeat and he answered the door.

"Yes?" His voice was very sweet when he was answering the door.

Does he have mood swings or something? His voice when talking to me was as if he wanted to kill me. Now he is being sweet?

"You're needed back downstairs. Your mother is throwing a...fit" the man at the door sighed. The King then smiled at whoever it was.

"I'll be down in a second I'm a bit preoccupied right now" he tried to shut the door to the point where the man at the door can't see me but I know he did.

Maybe he can help me. So I mouthed 'Help me'. His head only tilted at me in confusion then his eyes widen.

"Sir if you don't mind me asking,..why is there a human in your room?"

"I do mind you asking. Now please leave... I will be down in a second" then the King shut the door, slamming it.

I flinched, then stared at the ground. I heard him sigh in frustration and then again for the one hundredth time today he was right in front of me. I could see his shoes. He seemed to crouch down to my level.

"Now you are going to stay here. If you leave my room. You will be mauled by my guard. Is that understood?"

I stayed quiet again. I couldn't look at him. I couldn't talk to him. He is too strong for me to hurt him. I couldn't overpower him. I was so weak.

"You just like being difficult don't you?" I didn't say anything again.

He then paused, stiffening and his breathe had slowed. That mind link took a minute. Then he got up again, grabbing a cellphone from the drawer in his room. He dialed someone then left the phone to ring on the floor. I only glared at him. What is he doing?

"Pick up the phone. Now"

Hesitantly I went to the phone, picking it up and putting it to my ear. "H-Hello?"

"Fairy?" Oh god it was Caleb.

"C-Caleb! Where are you? Are they hurting you?"

"Y-You have to listen to him. Please Claire just listen. You have to follow his rules. Please!" There was desperation in his voice, it brought tears to my eyes.

"Caleb I need to know if they are hurting you!" There was some muffled sound from the other side of the line. A struggle.

He was fighting against someone. I then heard a thump, the phone dropped to the ground, the sound of a body following it.

"Caleb!" Then the phone was snatched out of my hand. "Hey! Let me talk to him!" I tried to get the phone back but the King only grinned.

"Listen to me...like your 'brother' said. Maybe you will get to see him again" then the King, with the phone with him, walked out the door slamming it on his way out.