Chapter Twenty-Four

It's been a few days now since I got to see my family again. I can't stop thinking about them or Malcolm. They are constantly just stuck on my mind unable to get out. I never know when it's the last time I will ever see them. It is scary.

Currently I'm with Damien. Yes all and behold the actual Damien. We were sitting through one of his meetings I'm supposed to attend because I am to be Queen.

I just zoned out the entire time, he was answering every question directed at me anyways. None of those who attended the meeting were informed I was human, I guess Damien's scent covered me up that much to make me non traceable. I don't know when he is planning on telling everyone the truth that I'm human but...oh well.

When the meeting had come to a close, the board members stayed after for a few drinks and snacks to talk amongst themselves. Damien and I were just sitting there on a love seat, he kept an arm around my shoulders while I pretended to enjoy his company.

"Can I leave now? The meeting is over"

"Not yet. Normally I tend to stay in case of a few more questions" he kept the act up by kissing me on the forehead and moving my fallen hair behind my ear.

"Just lovely..." I mumbled. He hummed, I know he heard my remark to this situation.

I leaned into him a little more slightly enjoying the little tingling sensation from it, might as well make him useful as my pillow. One of the many perks, hint the sarcasm. Then a man that seemed just a tad bit older than Damien came over with three drinks in hand. He smiled offering the tiny champagne glasses, Damien denied it while I gladly took one.

"Happy as can be my King? I don't think I've see you grin this much" I almost let out a scoff but stopped myself. Happy? No.

"That's right Grayson" I swirled the drink around in my hand about to put it up to my lips but the asshole next to me snatched it out of my hands, downing the drink like it was nothing.

"Hey!" I nudged him in the ribs.

"You are cut off tonight sweetie. You know you can't handle much alcohol" he said it with such blandness it creeped me out. I narrowed my eyes at him and he just gave such a fake smile.

"Let the girl have some fun your majesty" then he growled in annoyance.

"Like I said she is cut off" Come on Grayson don't get him mad. I do not feel like dealing with Noah today. Not at all. Grayson put his hands up in surrender still smiling.

"Of course your majesty. My Queen" he bowed his head in respect towards me and then excused himself out of our way.

"You are rude" I stared watching Grayson walk off. He raised a brow in amusement I think, I could see him from the corner of my eye.

"You really are that stupid aren't you? You are not allowed to be drinking or eating at these meetings understand? They can get your DNA that way and then you will be toast" oh.

So he did have a reason. Yet, I doubt anyone will go the extra mile to even see my DNA, I highly doubt that. Suddenly he went tense, putting his head in his hands. He must be switching people now right? That's what that means? Then he went back up and softly smiled at me, adjusting his hold on me. He then put a soft kiss on my cheek and I hummed. It was Liam.

"My love you understand right?"

"Yeah I do...sorry" like my brain just switched. It was always odd with him always...

~

The stupid meeting was over and now it was just us in his office. Liam has been here the whole time ever since Damien left. Maybe his other personalities were taking a break today. Thank god. All day he has been slightly teasing me, leaving me frustrated.

Still my mind told me don't advance. I know deep down it's Damien playing games. It's Noah and Axel playing games. Eventually I'm going to get marked right? Whether it be by force or actual love. I don't feel the mate connection as strong as they do, maybe that's why I can't do it. I'm unsure of everything. That and his other personalities have basically killed off my life. But it eventually has to happen and if anyone is going to do it, it has to be Liam.

I stared at all the papers he was working on biting my lip in the process. God I hate this.

"What's wrong love?" Oh he was staring at me. He must've noticed the nervous look on my face.

"I just...I'm worried about the whole marking thing" he sighed putting his papers down.

"Is this about the meeting? You don't have to be pressured to do it love. Even though you kind of have a deadline....we are the King so we make the final decision on coronation and all that" we are the King.

Totally didn't scare me either.

"I know but it still worries me" he got up out of his chair and took his hands in mine as he leaned on the desk.

"You don't have to worry about it. I'm not worried about it. Meaning you shouldn't worry about it" I shook my head, of coarse I have to worry.

"Who will do it then? Will Axel? Heaven forbid Noah? Damien?" His eyes narrowed as I listed the names. He stood still for a minute almost like he was thinking.

"Well?"

"I will. If it makes you feel better I will do it. I'll be as gentle as possible, I promise" then I had to think for a minute. Sign my life away or to not sign my life away?

"Do it now then. I don't know how much longer the others will last and I don't want to be marked by force" I shut my eyes, ready for him to bite into me just to get the stupid thing done. I felt his soft hands caress my face and heard him sigh.

"Claire are you sure? This is your decision...you can't ever take it back not ever" not like I have much of choice. It will happen eventually. Just get it over with idiot! Stop being afraid!

"I-I'm sure"

"Then you have to look at me, open your eyes and say it to my face" there was a sudden darkness to his voice.

A sudden lust. I opened my eyes, his eyes were swirling with yellow and his regular eye color, both of them fighting for dominance.

"It's still me Claire, it's still Liam don't be frightened" I trusted him so I nodded.

"Just do it Liam. Please do it" he blinked a few times then took my hand.

"I like a little privacy to do that then" his voice was still soft and sweet. Still Liam and as long as he is Liam I trust him.