Algol

The other worldly creature known as Algol vanished in thin air before everyone's eyes, leaving behind a small whisp of smoke in its place.

Nobody excepted it to reappear behind Farrah in just one second. The guards barely had any time to react when it grabbed a firm hold of the surprised girl. It leaped over the enclosure at such high speed, not a single shot was able to penetrate the creature.

From afar, Farrah could hear Skye calling out to her, but other than that, the world was now quiet.

"Th-thank you," Farrah spoke, unsure if she should treat the being the same way she treated Isen.

"Don't thank me," He spoke in a low, guttural voice that sent shivers down her spine.

The two of them were high up in a cliff, overlooking a place Farrah was not familiar with. She figured they were far away from Haven, but in all honesty that was the last thing on her mind.

With her face contorted into a mask of despair, Farrah began to choke on her words, "Whoever you are, I feel that you know Isen and will lead me to him. Before you do that, please I have to know something."

Algol sneered, cut off guard by how desperate Farrah had become all of a sudden. He bent down and abruptly grabbed a firm hold of her face, roughly turning to examine her as he pressed his claws against her skin, "Let me get a good look at you...yes, yes...mmm, I can see why he is so worried about you."

A line of drool dripped from Algol's bloody jaw, sending a pang of fear trickling through Farrah's body.

"What if I only send your head to Isen, and the rest of you stays with me? Or perhaps," Algol's tongue began to hang out, and with it, a new hunger began to grow from deep within his body.

"Perhaps I will keep you to myself and make you my pet instead."

Farrah tried to wring herself away from the cruel monster, but his nails began to dig into her face, forcing her to stop. With anger glowing in her eyes, she tried her best to speak despite barely being able to open her mouth.

Algol seemed to notice Farrah wanted to say something, and he removed his hand from her lower jaw to allow her to speak.

"I'm not your pet or your food. You're taking me to Isen right now." Farrah finished with a determined glint in her eyes. Algol let go of the girl, crossing his arms over his bony chest as he straightened himself up and stared her down.

"Poor Isen is still recovering. Do you really think I'll take you to him now that I know what you're going to ask him?"

"But I must know the truth."

"Why? The past is the past." Algol seemed to grow slightly agitated, "And what if he and I are the reasons your species is nearly extinct? Will you join the rest of those miserable humans and hunt us down?"

Farrah couldn't respond at first, mostly because she didn't know how to react to what Algol had just said. She thought about her parents, and about Isen. She recalled the good memories with her family, but also the few wonderful moments she had shared with the horned creature. He had pulled her away from her isolation, looked after her, fed her...

"I...," Farrah struggled to get the words out, "I don't know."

Though she couldn't tell, Algol was deeply disappointed in her. He was seconds away from biting her head clean off, but her next words stopped him from doing so.

"I don't know what I would do, but I can't hurt Isen. He helped me. I know deep inside if he is the reason the world is like this, then there must have been some good reason for it, right?" Though she couldn't tell, her cheeks were wet with tears. It was only when Algol began to speak again did she notice, and she hastily proceeded to wipe her face.

"Poor thing," Algol purred, "You're so innocent. Can I ask you to promise both Isen and I one thing?"

"What is it?"

"When the humans come to save you, never speak of either of us to them again. They will try to get something out of you, but you must not reveal anything."

Farrah nodded slowly, thinking how foolish she was to talk about Isen and even mention his name to the others back at Haven.

"Are you saying they're going to come looking for me?"

Algol stepped forward, a satisfied sigh escaping from his bony jaw as he bent down. Once he was face to face with Farrah, he gave a simple nod, adding, "Yes, yes. Isn't it exciting? So much chaos is erupting, and who are the ones to blame? Humans. They are the real reason your world ended, if you want to point fingers."

Farrah didn't know how to respond. She remained quiet with her head bowed and eyes focused on the wet forest floor, unaware of Algol getting uncomfortably close to her.

"But not all humans are to blame, of course. You're different, special, and appealing to my eyes. I can see why Isen is in love with you."

Farrah immediately lifted her head, eyes widening as the tip of her nose met with Algol's own. She was cut off guard by what he had just told her to even realize how close they were.

"Wait, wh-what did you say?" Farrah nearly stuttered as her heart threatened to break through her flesh and ribs. She found her skin growing unusually cold as Algol's sockets burned a bright blue, emitting some hidden pleasure blossoming inside the beast.

"But of course," He cooed in a whispery voice, straightening up once he was pleased with what he learned by gazing into Farrah's eyes.

"Things keep getting more and more interesting in this little world."

"What do you mean?" Farrah questioned, unsure of what Algol was talking about.

The creature began to salivate, as if he was prepared to digest the greatest feast he ever had.

"You don't sense it? The universe has bonded us three together. Isen is destined to be your mate, and I am destined to be by both your sides." Algol began to emit a wicked, heavy laugh as Farrah nearly lost her balance.

"My, my. You really are special Farrah."