Chapter 6: Memory

"Hey, Aishi-chan, do you wanna go out with me?" Taro Yamada says as his sweet voice automatically put Ayano in a daze. The two of them were in the now empty classroom, class had ended a couple of minutes ago and Taro had suddenly proposed this question to her. 

Did he just ask her what she thought he asked her? Ayano's heart was already pounding against her chest but just hearing those words made it pound almost erratically. She couldn't believe this was happening, she had to pinch herself to convince herself this wasn't a dream. When she did she let out a soft ouch! making Taro chuckle at her adorableness. 

"Well?" He asks while scratching the back of his head, waiting for her answer.   

"Y-Yes!!" Ayano quickly says almost yelling it out causing her face to immediately flush afterward. Why was she such a stammering mess? She pouted adorably as Taro chuckled again at her. 

"I'm glad, you're really cute." Taro compliments her. 

"T-Thank you! You're cute too! A-And beautiful, so beautiful!!" Ayano quickly replies spouting out her own compliments to the boy she loved for so long. She still couldn't believe this was happening. It felt so good, her new emotions were blossoming within her once again, she felt like a normal school girl. 

"Do you have any after school activities you have to attend to, if you don't I can walk you home, if you want..." Taro says kindly. 

"I-I don't, I would be honored if you were to w-walk me home, Taro -Senpai!" Ayano says saying his name for the first time. She liked the way it rolled off her tongue, so sweet and addicting. However, she did felt a little guilty for lying that she didn't have any clubs to attend. Masuta-kun the Martial Arts Leader would be disappointed in her but if he truly claim to be her friend he would be happy for her.

"Alright, lets go then."Taro happily says and holds out a hand to her. 

Ayano felt her heart leap at the gesture.

"Yeah, lets go!" Ayano agrees as she cheerfully grabs his hand. Immediately, she felt butterflies in her stomach as her fingers entwined with Taro's hand, it was so soft and warm, she never wanted to let go. The two walked down the hallway together as a new couple. 

Student eyes were on them, but mainly their eyes were on Ayano, she could feel it but she could care less since her happiness was too powerful to be withered down by the judgmental looks she was receiving. She could briefly hear the rumors as she walked passed them with her beloved. 

"I heard Taro-kun broke up with Osana for her." A female student whispers to another. 

"But why Aishi-san? She's so plain looking compared to all the other pretty girls at this school."Another female student harshly whispered obviously not liking that Ayano had all of Taro's attention so quickly. 

"Heh, Taro just wants to get laid quickly, who would dump a hot babe like Osana?"A male student chuckles to another.     

 Despite their comments Ayano again didn't care. Why should she when she's holding hands with the man of her dreams? She briefly glances up at Taro to see if he felt the same way but she could see the sadness in his midnight eyes. 

"Hey, Taro-senpai, don't listen to them, they're just jealous of us."Ayano says with a warm smile as she squeezes his hand reassuringly. 

"Ah...Y-Yeah. Thanks, Ayano-san..."Taro says briefly giving her a small smile before turning his face away.  

The two of them walk past the grey lockers where a couple of students were packing up to leave. They exit through the doors where the cherry blossoms greeted them.