Chapter 5:

"Seriously? I don't need help! What happened is all my fault!" My friend, David, denied. I sighed to myself as I put a hand on his back reassuringly.

"It's alright. I'll find a way to get the money. I swear." I promised as I stood up. David watched me with awe before covering up his face. "But.... well.... ok then. Thank you...." he whispered.

I smiled as I turned around. "Just worry about your family." I said as I walked out. He messed up, but he had a daughter now.

He just needed a fresh start.

After I was out of his house, I sighed to myself.

How would I get the money?

----

I sat up as I tugged at the chain, yet again. After Chase left, I had nothing to do. Plus I was too lazy to get up.

I whistled pathetically as I tried to amuse my self. I don't know why, but everyone seemed to be doing something productive.

Working out, cleaning, cooking.... yet here I was. Bored out of my mind.

I looked around the room before realizing something. "A T.V?" I whispered to myself. I stood up and looked around. I found it. The remote.

I grabbed it and turned on the T.V before smiling as it turned on. But right when I pressed a random button, I couldn't believe my eyes. Or ears.

Porn. There was porn playing on this T.V. And I had the volume on high.

I hurriedly tried turning it down, but I wasn't fast enough. Rick popped his head in, along with Luke.

"Geez. If you wanted to watch it that badly, at least turn the volume down..." Rick said with a smirk.

My eyes widened with fear as I quickly shook my head. "It.... wasn't me. I just turned it on!" I explained nervously.

Rick only laughed as Luke's eyes met mine. I quickly avoided them before pointing at the door. "J-just go...."

Rick grinned as he turned around. But Luke didn't leave. Luke just stared.

"What do you want?" I asked, hoping to hide my guilt. Luke sighed before crossing his arms. "Listen, Cody, I know you felt uncomfortable here, but you have to understand, you had a contract. You shouldn't have left."

I rolled my eyes as I ignored him. He didn't understand. He was use to all this madness. I wasn't.

"Stop right there. Sure, I had a contract, but when I signed it, I was told any of the details. Like the fact that I would be stuck in a male orgy." I shouted, a look of anger clear.

"And I don't love any of you. Sure, I felt comfortable with you, but everything felt weird. This is weird. I don't want to be here."

Luke watched me silently before sighing again. "Think whatever you want to think, but remember, you have no way out. As soon as you signed that contract, you were ours."

I stared at the ground, speechless. He just didn't understand. And he never would.

---

"Lunch?" I repeated as I stared at Roy. He nodded in reply.

"Right now?" I asked, looking at him in confusion. He nodded again, and I sighed. "I'll be there in a minute." He nodded quickly and was off.

But I didn't want to show up. There was no point. Yeah, I was hungry. But I knew it would be awkward since I had an argument with Luke. So once Roy had left, I hurriedly covered the door with all sort of furniture.

Yes, there weren't any locks.

When I was finally done, I sat on my bed and closed my eyes.

***

"So you're telling me that if I sign this contract, I can get all the money?" I asked the tall man. He nodded enthusiastically.

"So? What do I have to do?" I asked, a little suspicious. The man shrugged. "You'll have to live with 10 other men. Sort of like.... a fraternity house." He explained in the worst way possible.

"So all I have to do is live with.... men? Why?"

He smiled. "Because, lets just say the owner is a very.... social person."

This was still a terrible explanation.

But at this point, I didn't care. I had tried many ways to get the money, and each trial failed.

This job seemed suspicious, but as long as I got the money upfront, it wouldn't matter what happened after.

"So, hand it over." I tested. The man smiled as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a large wad of cash.

I hesitantly took it as he handed me the contract. "Don't worry. This isn't a scam." He reassured. Though it didn't do much for me.

I signed my name and turned around. "When do I move in?" I asked.

I didn't see him, but I could tell he was smiling. "Whenever you're ready."

I nodded before walking off. I had to give this to David. As soon as possible.

I found myself running as I grew more anxious to show him.

---

By the time I arrived, I was out of breath, but once David opened his front door, I smiled.

I handed him the cash and he stared at it in awe. "Y-you...."

I nodded and he hugged me while tightly grasping the money.

"Thank you...."

I smiled as I patted his back. "Grown men don't cry."

He laughed as he wiped his tears. "I'm serious. Thank you. So much."

That's all I needed to hear.