Chapter 7: Shit

My eyes wandered in horror. I was surrounded by creeps! There were people literally making out on anything! Tables, couches, the wall!

I backed away and hid behind Rick, who was staring at me in amusement. "The hell?!" I whispered, clearly exasperated.

Luke smiled at my reaction. "I love these kinds of parties." He commented before turning away. I shook my head in disgust before gripping onto Rick's arm. "God.... these people are nasty!"

A man walked up to Cain, and shook his hand. "Nice to see you!" He said, a smile tugging at his lips. The boy that was standing by his side just smiled.

"It's been a while. How's everyone doing?"

Cain turned and the boy shook everyone's hand. My heart began to race with fear as he neared me. Great. I was forced to interact with these people.

"Ah. I see someone's hiding." He mentioned. I quickly ducked my head, hoping he would ignore me. But do course, Rick had to move.

"Hello." He said while holding a hand out. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Art. Short for Arthur."

I nodded awkwardly and shook his hand. "And your name is.....?"

"Cody." I mumbled.

His eyes lit up. "So you're the one everyone's been talking about! There were right! You're adorable!"

My expression must've changed, since Art's eyes gleamed with an unfamiliar emotion.

Cain laughed before draping an arm around me. "Sorry. He's very shy."

I glared at him. "I'm not shy. I just hate you."

Art laughed before turning to me. "Nice to meet you, Cody!"

I just nodded before turning back to Rick, who was currently protecting me.

"I hate this place." I whispered. Rick smiled before placing an arm over my shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll stay by your side the whole night."

My eyes narrowed at him. "You're thinking of something sneaky, aren't you?"

He smiled at me innocently. "Whatever would you mean?"

I squinted my eyes at him suspiciously. "Never mind. I'm going to the bathroom. Where is it?"

Rick pointed to a door, and I took off.

I expected something. Anything. I wish they knew what I was up to, but they didn't seem to notice.

It was as if they trusted me.

Idiots.

I walked into the bathroom and began to look for a window. Sadly, there was only a small one.

No wonder why they didn't seem worried.

I removed the annoying collar and ears before sneaking out.

I ventured around the house, scavenging for a disguise. Sure enough, I found one.

It was discarded because.... well, you know.

I hurriedly put it on, glad it covered up my face. Even in a party like his, the hot dog costume wasn't at all suspicious.

Some people here had interesting taste.

I walked past everyone. Including Rick and the rest.

My heart almost popped out of my heart when I heard someone call out.