Chapter 4

You woke up the next morning still relaxed and a bit excited for the day ahead. As you got some up, you decided to put Roger's number closer to the phone, so you could call him as soon as you got home from today's class. You changed your schedule during midterms - the class you were getting some science credits from was too hard, so you changed to Anatomy 101, and it was now your first class of the day. It was also your first day at Anatomy, but you didn't think you'd be learning much. You were probably going to spend the whole day thinking about going out with Roger.

You opened your bag and started to look for the small paper with his number, but as seconds passed by, you started to get more desperate. When was the last time you saw it? You started to scan your memories from yesterday. He gave you his number along with the money for the jacket, which you put on your wallet. As you opened your wallet, you realised you used the money to pay for the cab. The paper was probably in the cabbie's wallet, if he didn't already noticed it and threw it in the trash.

"Well, so much for believing in destiny", you said to yourself, and then cursed as you emptied your bag just to be sure the paper wasn't there. It wasn't. "Fuck", you said, and realised your throat was dry. You needed some coffee, and you needed to get ready for class.

So you got ready, barely looking at the clothes you were picking up. You only noticed you were wearing all black once you were on your way to your class. At least it matches my mood and my luck, you thought. No cool, Kensington Market clothes for you today.

You were already at your classroom and grabbing a seat when you thought about going back to his stall after class. You were afraid it would be closed, or that you'd look desperate. You thought that maybe you should play a little hard to get, but quickly dismissed it. You didn't see the guy for five months, and now you lost his number. Maybe destiny isn't going to help you out with this guy, but you're going to do anything in your power to get what you want.

Roger was walking to class, cursing himself as usual for changing his subject of study to Biology, and having his schedule completely messed up because of that. He was supposed to be graduating from Dentistry, but here he was, about to go have Anatomy 101.

At least he was going out with the New York girl tonight. Y/N. If she called. But he hoped she would; she looked interested, at least. He usually liked when girls played a bit hard to get, but he didn't mind her flirting back at him, not blushing at every word he said. He actually enjoyed it. She seemed confident in her own skin.

The girls he went out with usually played hard to get to look more interesting, more mysterious. She didn't have to do that, since she was already interesting, so casual and, for the lack of a better word, chic. He knew she had money from the moment he saw her, everything about her being so well taken care of, her perfect smile, with pearly white teeth, her shiny hair, her body. She looked like the type of person who ate healthy and exercised her whole life.

And yet, she didn't seem too impressed with herself. She didn't speak like someone who thought was above others; actually, she tried to understand their ways, and was open for trying different stuff. And that was just the psychological stuff about her that he kept thinking about after talking to her, the part of her he didn't really understand, the mystery.

Her body was phenomenal, just like her face. She caught his attention when she was just standing in the crowd, her red lips a bit open as she payed attention to the performance, her head moving to the sound of the music. And then she lifted her beer a bit, as if she knew he was watching her and appreciated it, almost ironic, and he though Guess who I'm seeing later when he remembered that he still had to deal with Tim quitting the band.

He couldn't help but feel sorry for her when he saw her in Tim's way out, only now realising that besides her face, her body was also incredible. She wasn't plain skinny; she had curves, her silky dress hugging them slightly, her black boots covering part of her thighs, and he was even angrier at Tim for quitting the band that night.