prσlσugє

The ants in the trees were silent, the dust rolling on the ground felt louder than a hurricane. All of the animals were hiding, the birds quiet in their nests and the insects burrowed into the ground. Even creatures of the monstrous variety were protecting themselves from the incoming threat.

The Iwis sat listening. Watching. Waiting. They were not sure what they were waiting for, but they'd learnt long ago to watch the behaviour of the island's other inhabitants. Something that sent all of them - the docile, the violent and all those in between - into hiding, was something to be at the very least, prepared for, if not feared.

The furious roar of the King was heard throughout the entire island. Every living creature and even a few of the dead could hear him - could hear his rage.

He knew they were coming.

Lizzie was still sitting in her 'garden', the rather pathetic shelter behind her covered in tarp and blankets. It wasn't an adequate form of protection but it would have to do - she had nothing else.

And then the blades broke through the mist. Music blasting, interrupting the tense silence that previously lingered.

The helicopters had broken through the storm, around a dozen all in formation. They flew confidently forward not knowing what awaited them on the ground.

Lizzie wished she could see the pilots within. Wished she could see their wonder, a place never discovered before and they had broken through.

Perhaps that would be worse, for she would see their sick smiles as they armed their charges. How they had no remorse as they dropped explosives on the wildlife below.

"Man kind truly is a selfish thing."