Chapter 54

People were right you know.

"You never know what you have until it's gone."

Yeah....

I had my brother right between my hands.

I had Jaycee between my arms.

I had my friends around me.

I had my parents within my reach.

I was safe and sound.

Now I'm sitting in a room that reeks of death and sewers. What's with karma and landing me in places that smell? Can't I be with everyone else upstairs? Am I not cool enough? I mean I was cool enough to get kidnapped wasn't I?

Where am I anyways?

I can't see much but there's a window a little high up, which mans I'm in a basement. I'm sitting on something comfortable but smells like a bathroom, so I'm thinking an old matress. It's cold, and every breeze that comes my way smells like a dying person,and I am pretty sure I heard frogs being eaten by mice. The old me would've screamed and cried but I've reached this point where I couldn't care less. I just want to know why I'm here.

As if those demons read my mind, the door to what I'm assuming is the basement opened. Out of instinct, I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

I almost screamed in utter disgust because dear lord does this mattress smells so bad!

"Looks like she's still asleep." Said a voice I know too well.

Jesse! He's still here?

"Well we weren't here to make small talk anyways. Give her her food and throw him in and let's get the hell out of here." Replied who I assume would be his brother.

What are they still doing here? I thought it was "one last job" when they first kidnapped me.

Can they leave before I end up throwing up on this sewer smelling thing!

Before my digestive system had the chance to retaliate, I felt something hard crash against this ginormous mattress and a bag of food placed in front of me. The smell came from the gates of heaven themselves, but mixed with this abomination; it's appalling.

I tried to suppress my stomach from making that dying whale mating sound which would definitely expose me.

"But what has the poor kid done? These men are monsters!" Whispered Jesse; pretty upset.

"J. I told you not to get involved hermano. These guys don't mess around. Unless you want to end up like Mr. Walker here I suggest we leave right now. Come on!"

Wait what? Walker? As in my brother Walker?

At the mention of his name my heart started beating so fast it almost broke through my rib cage.

"We should've helped her man. She's just a little kid. And he was only trying to save her...." he trailed off, his voice caught in his throat.

"If they find out you helped them back at the house, they'll have a bullet through your head faster than you can say 'lo siento'. It's not our job to help them Jesse so please let's go." Pleaded his brother.

"I'm so sorry little one. I'm sorry I failed you." He apologized as they shut the door.

I owe so much to Jesse. Without him I wouldn't have been able to call my parents and warn them about the bomb. So I sincerely believe him when he says he's sorry. I just feel so bad for him because he's here against his will. He doesn't deserve this, and as sad as it is, kind hearted people don't last in this killing business. I really hope he makes it out of here before something happens to him. He doesn't deserve it.