10. The Cubs lose again, much to Pete's annoyance.

That morning, I drove the DeLorean to Gabe's house, picking Brendon up on the way. Thankfully, the car was finally fixed, and Dad was letting me drive it to the baseball game. As I pulled into Gabe's driveway, I spotted Patrick's house down the street, and I briefly wondered how he was doing. I missed him in the June gloom, and I knew that if I could, I would trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday. However, one question remained. Did he feel the same way that I did?

"Pete, let's go," Brendon said as he played with the doors of the DeLorean again, repeatedly opening and closing them.

I sighed, opened the door, and climbed out of the car. Brendon and I went up to Gabe's door, and he immediately let us in. "I have the perfect plan," he told us.

"You said that when I auditioned for The Sound of Music, and we both know how that worked out," Brendon said.

"How did rehearsal go yesterday, by the way?" Gabe asked.

"It was really fun," Brendon said, smiling. "Broadway is black like a sinkhole, but I'm enjoying this play so far."

"That's good to hear," Gabe said.

"What's your plan?" I asked Gabe.

"Well, we all know that the only thing keeping the Cubs from going to the World Series this year is the Billy Goat Curse," Gabe said. Both Brendon and I nodded, and Gabe said, "So obviously, the only way to ensure that the Cubs win this game is to break the curse. We're going to have to bring a billy goat into Wrigley Field."

"How are we going to do that?" I asked.

"I used to have a billy goat stuffed animal," Brendon said. "Maybe we can use that. Alternately, we can steal an actual goat from somebody."

"I don't know about you, but I really don't think that stealing a goat is a good idea," I said. "We could get in trouble."

"Trouble is my middle name!" Brendon exclaimed.

"I thought it was Boyd," I said.

"Nobody will be stealing any goats," Gabe said. "I have a better idea."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your boss is named Billie Joe, right?" Gabe said to me. I nodded and he said, "So if he dressed up as a goat, he'd be a Billie goat! We should just bring him!"

"Let's drive over to Fall Out Bros. and ask him," I said.

The three of us piled into the DeLorean, and Gabe turned the music up to its highest volume. We all sang along as we made the two minute drive to Fall Out Bros. Pizza.

When we got there, Billie Joe was at the counter. "Hey, Pete," he said. "You know that you don't have to work today, right?"

"I know," I said.

"Do you want some pizza?" Billie Joe asked.

"Not today," I said.

Billie looked at me as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Pete, did an alien take over your body or something?" he asked.

"Okay, maybe I'll take a small cheese pizza for the road," I said.

"That sounds more like the Pete I know," Billie said, smiling.

"Pete!" Gabe complained. "Get to the point!"

"Okay," I said. "Billie, we need a favor."

"What is it?" Billie Joe asked.