11. Pete stops Gabe from talking to Sexy Stranger #1...

11. Pete stops Gabe from talking to Sexy Stranger #1, whose dancing can best be described as "white boy James Brown."

Three days went by, and to my relief, Gabe's next vision didn't come true. He had mentioned that in the vision, he had met Sexy Stranger #1 at the Sunshine Riptide, so Brendon, Gabe, and I all agreed that we wouldn't go there. It was easy enough, and I spent the rest of the week working or at soccer practice. I got a chance to send my letter to Mikey, and once, I even got to go to Tea Monkey, but unfortunately, Patrick wasn't there. Without him, going to Tea Monkey wasn't worth it, so I left quickly.

On Friday night, Gabe invited Brendon and I over to his house. When I got there, I immediately asked Gabe about the vision. "You haven't seen Sexy Stranger #1, right?" I asked.

"Not yet," Gabe said. "I think that I would recognize him if I saw him, but I haven't."

"That's good," I said. "Maybe we'll manage to prevent this vision from happening after all."

"I hope so," Gabe said. "How was soccer practice today?"

"It was fine," I said. "I'm kind of tired though."

"Maybe we should just stay here and watch a movie," Gabe suggested.

"I like that idea," I said. "We could even order pizza."

"What movie should we watch?" Gabe asked.

Before I had a chance to respond, Brendon ran into the room. "iDKHOW is playing at the Sunshine Riptide! iDKHOW is playing at the Sunshine Riptide! iDKHOW is playing at the Sunshine Riptide!!" he screamed.

"Calm down, Brendon," I said, but he was still grinning and jumping up and down. "When is the concert?"

"Tonight!" Brendon shouted. "I can't wait!!"

I rolled my eyes and lay back on the couch. However, Gabe did have something to say about this. "You're not going by yourself, Brendon," Gabe said.

"Why not?" Brendon said.

"Remember what happened last time you went to the Sunshine Riptide by yourself?" Gabe said.

"I just got a little tipsy..." Brendon said.

"You almost set yourself on fire," I said, still refusing to get off of the couch.

"But I didn't," Brendon argued.

"You're never gonna learn," Gabe said. "Anyways, if you're going to the Sunshine Riptide, I'm going with you."

"I'll stay home then," I said. "I'm really too tired to go out tonight, and your vision might come true if I come. It's better for everyone if I just go home."

"No, Pete, I need you," Gabe said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I need my wingman," Gabe said.

"Didn't you just say that you were only going to the Sunshine Riptide to keep Brendon out of trouble?" I said.

"Who says that I can't have a little bit of fun on the side?" Gabe said. He winked, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but if the vision comes true, it's your fault," I said.

Gabe, Brendon, and I climbed into the DeLorean, and I drove them to the Sunshine Riptide, the one and only club in Shermer. The parking lot was nearly full by the time we got there, but I somehow doubted that most of the people there were at the Sunshine Riptide for the I Don't Know How But They Found Me show. I found a spot near the back of the parking lot, and the three of us got out of the car and headed toward the entrance. Gabe had his fake ID ready to go, and Brendon, Gabe, and I got into the club easily.