chapter 4

Dating.

That was supposed to come next but it didn't. They were not dating yet because he didn't want them to move too fast. Of course he hadn't said this to her but she understood. It was just annoying when people especially chizzy kept making remarks about him as her boyfriend and she had to explain they were taking things slow.
But she didn't want to take things slow. She wanted them to take their relationship to the next level.

There was a particular group of girls in his class that suddenly wanted to hang around her when they heard he was with her. They were the A-1, because their first names all began with an A. Other people called them Assholes but not to their faces. They were rude and obnoxious with the best bullying tactics ever. Unfortunately, each one in the group was absolutely beautiful and always appeared smart. So inasmuch as other girls hated and called them names, they all secretly admired them and sought to receive any form of validation from them. Chizzy had wanted to join their group and they'd told her her name was 'A' material, which was a lie because one of the girls in the group answered Gloria but for the sake of the group, began to go by the the nickname, Angel. When Chizzy had pointed this out, they'd bluntly told her she was ugly and dirty.
But she never accepted that. She told everyone the A1 was just afraid of her.

He influenced her to read mostly by making her read with him. It improved her grades a little. She brought her books whenever they were scheduled to meet as per his requests. She began to relax around him, told him even the most stupid things. He was funny. He could keep a conversation going against popular belief plus his face was a delight to look at.

He taught her to stand up for herself. He told her her bullies were insecure individuals who tried to bring her down to bring themselves up. She wasn't bullied again anyway, since everyone linked her with the one and only Dan, her soon to be boyfriend.

He told her to avoid the A-1 like the plague. It wasn't even something he had to tell her. She hated their group. It felt like a cult. They actually had a book of rules. That was not a normal friendship.

He introduced her to his friends. Dave, Meka and Valentine. The clique of perfection. They were either handsome or extremely talented, or both, just like Dan. They winked and made jokes. She knew they were bad boys or tried to be, but let herself relish the moment. They were people who she never thought she'd hang out with. Now she was with them.

Their bond grew. She felt like she could never love another like she did him. But there was one problem. He hadn't asked her out yet.

* * *

The A-1 came closer to her. They kept coming till she just couldn't push them away. Inasmuch she didn't like them, they were a big name in the school. They were all pretty, dressed nicely and had nice figures. They were admired by everyone, including Oma, no matter how hard she tried to hide it. They treated her like she was one of them, invited her to their lunch table. They never did that with juniors. She felt special. She knew Dan wouldn't approve, but She couldn't Just chase them away. She actually enjoyed their company.

They were seven of them. Amara, the calmest one among them was the wealthiest. She mostly supplied the group. She neither talked nor acted like them. She only spoke when She was spoken to. Dan had told her that none of them were virgins, but there was no possible way he could have known for sure. And even if they weren't. That wasn't really supposed to be anybody's business. His especially.

Every topic they discussed among their group always changed to the topic of boys. It was subtle at first, but as time wore on, they went deeper. They talked about their best sex positions, current partners, boys with the biggest and smallest dicks and everything else there was to it. She wanted to hate these conversations, but they were so interesting. During these occasions, Amara never contributed, and no one questioned her directly. They probably all knew she was a virgin.

The loudest one who Oma had noticed was their leader, Abigail always had the most to say. Abigail didn't have much of a behind but her breasts were her selling point. They were big enough for three people. She always shook and gesticulated when she talked. It was impossible to ignore her breasts. She asked the silliest questions, bringing chuckles from the others, who acted like they were actually shy of the question. She was the first to throw one at Oma.

" So what's up you and Dan ?"
It took her some time to realize the question was thrown at her.

" me? "

" No. Your mother. Answer the question jare and stop doing like salted earthworm "

The others laughed. She knew this question was coming all along.

" Uhm. . Nothing yet. . . Really. . We're still. . still. . taking it slow. "

" Ah. That's what they'll always say, later you'll hear he's doing one junior girl. You have to get him to ask you out properly, or una own don finish be that. Boys are fewer now oh. Better catch the one you can." It was weird hearing this from Abigail who changed boyfriend's like she changed clothes. Sometimes she just snatched them from people who made her angry.

The others chimed in.

" haba. Leave the girl alone. Are they doing wedding. "

Abigail's eyes were fixed on her, daring her to say something or even think. She looked intimidating. Her mouth moving round and round, opening and closing as she chewed her gum like a goat eating grass, resting her palm under her face, studying her immensely. She knew more than her. She was a senior anyways.

Her face broke into a smile. The kind of smile Delilah would have had.

" If you really like this boy, you have to give him collateral. He's not a small boy Oh. Even me. . . " Whatever She wanted to say was cut short By the girl beside her, who made A shhh sound, signalling her to Stop. There was silence.

" Uhm. I don't know what you mean" Oma asked, knowing fully well what she meant.

" And I even thought you had sense. Are you a small girl? Even juniors know more than you. He's not small at all" She stretched her hand, giving the impression of length. " and he can't date a small girl. He's Just waiting to see if you're serious. Show him how serious you are" She said, touching her own breasts and making animalistic sounds.
The other girls around her made silly sounds as well as if cheering her on. Only Amara looked straight ahead, like she'd rather be any place but there.

She knew well what they were talking about, but now, they were just being irritating. She was uncomfortable, already thinking of ways to cut off from them. She should have obeyed Dan from the start, but still felt like it was planned. Abigail stopped her act, looked at her and laughed. She stood and walked up to her.

" Do you understand now? "

" No I don't. And I don't want to. " Oma practically screamed.

" Then let me show you. "

Suddenly, She felt sick all over. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw Amara absently clipping her nails. The others laughter became the continuous background noise in her head as her eyes rolled back in faint. She could only focus on Abigail, who towered above her. Her head spun in fear and confusion as she felt Abigail's
wet lips on hers.

* * *

I'm sure you'd be wondering why seniors and juniors are a big deal. Well in my secondary school, they were.

Please vote and comment.
Shalom.