Chapter 11

"How would he know?" Scoffed Vincent

Still frozen, Damien's gaze never left the floor in front of him "Because I'm one of them" was all he managed to state flatly.

"Bullshit." Retorted Vincent, all fear of the Alpha diminishing, "You're just a m-" With a swift motion of his hand, a unknown force threw the jealous wolf into the wall, leaving an imprint in the hard surface.

The others were now gawking at the unusual creature which sat before them. Lolita stood up flustered and confused. Surely this is some kind of joke, there is no way in heaven or hell that the small girl had the capacity of producing such an action.

Her mother then softly spoke "These 3 wolves. Their legacies have remained forgotten to the public eye, this is only for the protection of all. The wolves who created the packs possessed dark magic, an unfathomable kind. But they were determined to carry out peace between the packs, between all of the wolves. However, one of the three, Tobias did not agree on these terms. Tobias was a power thirsty wolf who embraced the fear of others, blinded by this, he was lead astray and therefore abolished. His powers had weakened without the power of the other wolves. This had impacted his descendants, tainting them with the same evil intentions. Tobias's mate had been Isabella, one of the 3, her beauty had been eternally admired by many. In fact, the striking resemblance between you and Isabella had been my initial reason for suspecting this." She paused glancing over to her flabbergasted daughter.

"But it was not until you were one when you started possessing strange qualities." Smiling she turned to the king "Your father use to catch you floating around the palace. When you were slightly older, during the night, you would drift off to another dimension completely, speaking of your conversations with the moon goddess."

This was when the king had interjected, seeing his wife's dizzy state he continued with unraveling the past.

"We knew this was dangerous. As your descendant was the mate of the formidable wolf, we only suspected the same applied to you. The legend of the offspring leading to wolf kind's eternal damn nation only grew our fear. We acted out irrationally, hiding the truth from you. We had a warlock suppress your abilities, this also hid your aura and presence from the other wolf, now that you've come off age, it has weakened and there is not much in our power that we can do to hide you from him anymore. All I wanted was the best protection for you, to insure you lived out a peaceful and safe life, everything I did-"

Lolita could not believe what she was hearing, her whole life had been a lie. Flooded with emotions, she was unable to comprehend anything else her parents had to say.
"No" was all she could simply utter before storming out of the office.

No sooner than she had reached her room, the others had tailed behind her enclosing them in the room, the king began shutting the curtains, locking doors and dimming the light.

"What?"

"Someone's here."

Looking around, Lolita soon noticed that Isaac and Damien where no longer with the group. Instead, her mother stood terrified, her father overbearing yet fear dripped from his aura. Vincent's stance remained tall and protective over the small girl, however when he gently grabbed her small wrist, she shook him away, feeling uncomfortable under his touch.

"The previous fiasco was just a distraction. It was a means of emptying the castle, he's here and he's coming for you."