Chapter 27

"No" Lolita pushed the towering figure back. "Don't you dare. Do that again" Before Damien could respond, the petite brunette rushed out of the room, welts of tears falling from her delicate face.

If what Damien said had been true, then a lot of people were in danger, including her mother, hence the lack of communication from her side. Lolita felt a pang of guilt, of course, her mother would not willingly abandon her, she had been childish and selfish for thinking so.

Finding herself outside Isaac's room, she slipped through the door to see a fidgety Vivian sat by the windowsill, swinging her legs, her face growing in anticipation. Meanwhile, Isaac lazily lay of his bed, with his hands behind his head for support. Lolita envied the calm solidity he was in, she did not want to ruin this by sharing the state of their homeland.

Crawling up beside him, Lolita felt him sit up, his strong arms cocooning her.

"And now we comfort" He softly spoke towards Vivian smiling slightly. Shuffling from her spot, Vivian was quick to reach their side, gently sitting near Issac, crossing her legs as Issac pulled Lolita onto his lap. Vivian stroked Lolita's wavy silk hair which her a small giggle.

Breaking out of Isaac's embrace, she faced her friends crossing her arms.

"I'm not a puppy, you know"

"Really?" Issac responded wide-eyed. "My whole life has been a lie" He poked her dimple, his joking manner dampened by Lolita's lack of response.

"What's up chipmunk?"

Unable to hold her emotions in for any longer, Lolita's words tumbled out of her mouth.

"Damien said we can't go back"

"Screw what Damien has to say" Isaac replied lazily dismissing the comment. "If you want to, we're going home right now"

"There's a war"

~~

Stupid. Idiot. Brain dead. Fool! Why would you do that? He flung his leather jacket onto the large bed before striding out of the room. His cheeks growing hot.

The agitated wolf ran his hand through his midnight locks, irritated at the foreign flustered feeling, his insides being chewed away.

"If you hadn't acted out irrationally you wouldn't be here" he projected to the empty corridor. A bitter taste lingered on his tongue as realisation struck him. You let your emotions control you.

Damien could not even comprehend the thought. Emotions and attachments are an Alpha's greatest weakness, and he, Damien Black was not weak.

"Sir, there seems to be a situation which requires your immediate attention"

"Situation?" Damien sinisterly spat back through the pack link. He didn't have enough patience left for this.

"Yes sir, Alpha Daniel is here, among others from America.. they called a meeting with Christian and Beta Steph but the pair assumed that since you're here, you should... er attend, sir"

This caught Damien's attention. Daniel being here meant trouble for his mate's family, he could not allow this. Within seconds, the Alpha composed himself, heading towards his office at a human pace to give him time to collect his thoughts and dispose of those useless emotions.

Arriving at the door, Damien clenched his jaw upon sensing the dismal in the atmosphere. Daniel's tan completion was now pale as a sheet. Dark shadows under his eyes highlighting his lack of sleep. His brother looked the same. In fact, all the wolves in the room did.

Damien eyed them suspiciously before shifting towards his seat.

"Fill me in, doom and gloom" He blandly spoke, gesturing towards Isaac's father and his Beta before leaning back in his chair attempting to keep his cool exterior, however internally the anticipation of what's to come ate at him, blood rushing to his head.