Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Sapphires POV

"So he just kissed you, out of nowhere, in the rain?" Veronica squealed.

So far it seems to work, it had only been three days though. Tara has been glaring at me and seems to be pretty jealous so I don't think we'll have to keep the act up much longer before Liam gets back with Tara. Athena was grounded and so she wasn't able to come over until now, but that didn't stop her from sneaking out to see Sam. She was so mad about it but she was happy once I started to tell her about Liam. She rushed over to my house in the morning, along with the rest of our friends. They live only a few houses down so it didn't take long. I didn't know what to say. For the past hour Athena, Veronica, Lilly, and Taylor made me tell them all the details and made me write the date we started dating on my calendar. We are currently sitting on my bed. "Yeah," I laughed, this is the most excited I've ever seen them, "now enough about me. How was your date with Sam?" I asked Athena.

She squirmed like a little kid and I could tell she was happy. "Perfect,"

"What did you guys do?" Veronica questioned.

"It was amazing. He took me to the movies first and then we went and got dinner and talked for hours. Then after all that he walked me home and kissed me goodnight," she squealed and hurried her face in the pillow at the memory, "I mean it certainly wasn't as extravagant as yours, Miss got kissed in the rain, but it's was amazing," she sighed and fell backwards, "it was perfect,"

I haven't seen her this happy in a while. "It sounds pretty great," I told her.

"I can't believe you were kissing Liam in the rain!" Lilly exclaimed.

"Yeah,"

"But it just doesn't make sense. Why did you all of a sudden decide that you liked him? And then you even went and told him how you felt. This just doesn't seem like you," Taylor brought up.

Oh no. I just stared at her before looking away. She's for sure gonna figure it out. I quickly told her the first thing I could think of, "I talked to him a lot during detention and when I went on the date I couldn't stop thinking about him," that's technically not a lie, "I don't know I must have been high on soda or something because before I knew it I was at the football field telling him how I felt," I mean sorta not a lie.

"You must have been. I mean kudos to you, I would never have the guts to do something like that,"

I feel terrible lying to them, but I'm already too deep in now. Athena's phone buzzed and she immediately looked at it, a smile forming across her face. "Is it from Sam?" I teased.

"Yeah," her smile was huge and she immediately replied, "how did we both get so lucky? We got boyfriends on the same day and we are both super happy,"

"Yeah," I could feel my smile start to slip. You're lucky, I have a fake boyfriend. Of course I couldn't tell her that.

"What about Liam has he texted you?" Lilly questioned me.

"We better get to school or we are gonna be late," I changed the subject.
We all headed downstairs and got in the car. Veronica was driving. "Why don't you like talking about Liam?" Lilly asked me.

"I just don't really like talking about that stuff you know that,"

"Okay yeah but when you were with Bradley you would answer all of our questions," Athena added in.

"And you saw how that went, maybe it's better if I don't talk about it,"

We got to the school and I stepped out of the car thankful to get out of that situation. This isn't gonna be easy. I get uncomfortable every time someone brings up the topic. "Hey babe," Liam throws an arm around me and all of my friends gush.