What do you mean?!

It was a mission, not a grueling one, but it was hectic. If Finn was going to stand on that damn stage singing songs about how he wants Jack to be happier and he knows its without him then he was gonna say it to Jack's fucking face...even if Jack has to make him do it himself.

Jack sat behind the venue, his head throbbing and his hands shaking. "Jack?" Sophia asked, walking up to him.

"Yeah?" Jack answered turning towards her.

Sophia stilled her mind searching for any type of words she could say to him, but what were you supposed to say to someone who got his heartbroken? What are you supposed to say when he's willing to try again? What are you supposed to say when you just want to be a good friend? "Good- Good luck..." It was the only thing she could think of, and yet it didn't seem like it was enough. Sophia turned on her heels and left, her mind still reeling, trying to find more words to say.

It felt like an eternity, Finn's band for some reason was moving at a snails pace and yet Jack's mind was going as fast as a jackrabbit. Who's to say Finn would even want to talk to him? Well, Jack was praying to whatever higher power that was listening that maybe Finn's song Happier wasn't too true. Maybe it was just Finn saying that if Jack wanted him to let him go then maybe he'd be okay with it. But when it came down to his last thoughts, Jack wasn't so sure.

"Finn, you played like absolute shit tonight," a voice broke the silence as the back door to the venue opened. Jack straightened up, his eyes brows furrowed as he heard the words come out of someone's mouth.

"Well, so did Ayla but you don't see me complaining," Finn countered, his eyes trained on a taller curlier haired boy.

"You're such a bitch, Finn," The girl who Jack assumed to be Ayla intervened her tone offended and pissed off.

"I just wanna go home and smoke," Finn muttered loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Who are you?!" One of the boys demanded as they finally caught sight of Jack. Finn froze and watched him, his face showing little to no emotion.

"I- uhm I'm sorry...I'm Jack..."

The girl rolled her eyes. "Look, we don't do fan service so if that's what you're looking for then just leave. Its pretty damn creepy for you to be hanging out back here anyway." Jack was taken back, his mouth opened a bit in a gawk, he had never been spoken to so rudely before.

"I'm sorry, I just would like to talk to Finn for a moment, please?" Jack hesitated, his heart was going haywire but his mind was blank, it was as if his mouth was on autopilot.

"Okay," Finn mumbled, his cheeks evidently warm. Ayla scoffed while the other two boys grumbled. "You guys go get on the bus or wherever...I'm gonna talk to him." Once they left the conversation was filled with silence, neither knew what to say or what to do.

"Why do you let them treat you like that?" Before Jack could stop them the words slipped from his mouth. Finn glances up before quickly dropping his gaze back to the ground.

"It's different when we're off stage," he informed, his hands nervously fiddling with his belt loop.

"I don't think it is," Jack laughed bitterly, his cheeks starting to warm up too.

"I need someone to steady me on stage. You saw what I was like two years ago-,"

"I liked that you," Jack said cutting Finn off.

Finn's breath hitched, his eyes whipped up to meet Jack's. For once, he was lost for words. "You-what?"

"I liked that you..." Jack trailed off more hesitant.

"How?!"

"What do you mean, how?!"

Finn scoffed and raised his arms only to let them come back down in a smack, "how could you even stand me?! I was so fucking scared of everything that I couldn't even look you in the eye without collapsing in on myself! I was a mess!"

"You're my favorite mess, Finn!" Jack shouted, his skin an angry exhausted red. His eyes drooped down and his chest heaved, he was so tired of this game, the constant cat and mouse.

It was quiet for awhile, neither spoke, not because they knew nothing to say but because there was too much to say in such little words. Such little time. Finn was the first to break the silence, he let out a breathless laugh, "I guess I did a good job fucking that up." Jack cracked a smile a small laugh leaving his lips.

"If it helps," Jack began, "you're still the greatest thing that's ever happened to me."

"Still?" Jack nodded and smiled widely at him. Finn returned the smile, his stomach fluttering weirdly at the beaming grin on Jack's face. "I think- I think I want to move to LA..."

"Move?!" Jack gasped, his eyes wide.

Finn nodded a bit more shyly, his fingers found his belt loops again and he tugged nervously on them. "It would take a few months maybe even a year but I- I want to be near you, Jack."

"But-,"

"I know, we're not together and we may not even be friends right now but fuck- I am crazy about you... you're my everything and i didn't realize that until I had nothing." It was once again autopilot, Finn had no idea what he was saying but all of it felt so right that he never stopped himself. "Please just be my friend at least, we can work from there, please."

"Okay."