4

I looked it over a bit, Lauren right beside me. There were screw holes all over the dash from the equipment that had been removed, the seats and floor mats were going for sure. Everything was black like the car so we might get away with leaving the head liner. That was until I got closer. Who ever was assigned to this car was a heavy smoker.

I turned to Lauren, "What do you think?"

"What do we have to do?"

I smiled at the 'we', "Every interior surface comes out, including most of the dash."

Lauren leaned in and looked around, I just looked down her shirt at her lace bra, the front clasp lacy one I mentioned the other night that lets her areola show through.

"So where do we get it from?"

I stood up and put my arm around her waist and pointed out into the yard, "Let's take a look."

We walked around, looking at several of the LTD's up on stands in various states of disassembly. After a bit of back and forth we came up with a plan, the black carpet from a newer model that we could trim down, the burgundy interior from a Lincoln, and the dash from another LTD. It took me a bit showing her and looking things up in the exchange book to show her the parts really were interchangeable.

I also pointed out that we could add several other things that weren't specified for the LTD out of the Lincolns. The electric trunk release, the button in the glove box may not be 'the right one', but it would function. Definitely swapping the doors out for power windows and locks. Extra lights in the trunk and under the hood, even putting one in the glove box.

Of course we were absolutely going to be upgrading the stereo system; no plain AM radio for my girl. But as long as it fit in the hole we would snag the best we could find in the yard. We might even find a decent eight track in there some where.

"So you want to go take it for a spin before we strip it down?"

"Yeahhh!", she said with genuine enthusiasm.

I grabbed the dealer plates after making a quick phone call. If we're going to take it for a spin we might as well do it up right.

I got on the road headed north to Frank's place, or rather his dad's farm. Frank's dad owned around twelve hundred acres, that in itself wasn't that big of a deal, what interested me was the access road that ran up to the north four hundred. It was a straight gravel road along the river nine miles long, and it's a private road, no cops...

I did enjoy the ride out, startling Stephanie a bit. I had driven squad cars before, but never a level one interceptor. On a curve that I expected even it to roll and skid a little, it hugged the road like it was on rails, riding like a top of the line Cadillac with a drag strip motor under the hood.

I pulled over about half way there, "You want to drive?"

"Really?"

"Better to wreck it now than after we do all the work." I got a gasp, a slap on the shoulder, and a kiss in that order. The kiss was the important part. I did take the key out of the ignition before getting out to make sure she didn't get too excited and leave me in the dust.

She fired it up and gave it some gas grinning at the roar. Once back on the road she was a bit intimidated by it. I remember those days with fondness.

I had her pull into the farm and pull over. She was still grinning from the drive, I told her about needing to pee before we hit the trail, she really thought I was kidding.

I drove through the farm waving to Frank, grinning and discreetly pointing to Lauren in the passenger seat. Around the barn and down the valley, a left at the river and then we stopped. "Ready?"