Chapter 1 ~ Trapped

SAMPLE CHAPTERS ONLY
PUBLISHED

This story is now available on all your favourite online bookshops (Kindle/applebooks/etc) and for purchase as paperback.

If you want to buy a copy, you can find the links on my message board, or message me for a signed copy!

Here is the cover
by the amazing ALMcGurk

Here is the cover by the amazing ALMcGurk

Chapter 1: Trapped
~

My fingers hovered over the button that would shape the next few months of my life, my eyes glued to the computer screen. One click, that's all I had to do. Biting my lip, my finger twitched, not pressing hard enough to make my purchase final. Coward.

I was practically vibrating in my chair, my wolf pacing restlessly as she had been for months now. A few more months and I was sure I'd start to go crazy. My control was slipping, instincts driving me now more than logic, fur demanding I listen to what it demanded of me. The scorn I would face was holding me back, that and my own fear of the unknown. I loved the pack, I really did but I wanted to experience more before I tied myself down here. Was that so wrong?

I thought back to my conversation with my Alpha only the day before. He'd asked me if I was sure and I'd said yes without thought. That was what everyone kept saying, that I hadn't thought things through. But I had thought. I'd spent years now trying to push away the growing restlessness, the part of myself that urged me to walk away from the pack. I'd come back, that's what I'd said and I was sure it was the only thing that had made my Alpha agree to let me go. Yet I wasn't sure that was true. Part of my own hesitancy to leave was because I was scared I'd decide I loved it so much out there that I wouldn't want to come back.

"Fenna, are you going to come help me finish tea?" my mother called from downstairs.

A whoosh of air left me and I closed down the page, spinning around in my chair. Once more I'd lost the nerve. Paris would have have to wait until I confronted my family and convinced them my leaving would be the best thing in the world. I'd told my friends first and had to spill the truth to Raeghan who cornered me outside her father's office. She might have been younger than me, but already she was proving to be the true child of an Alpha. My sort of cousin took the news better than I expected and she was sure that my family would be supportive.

I snorted.

There was a bigger chance of the world spinning backwards than there was of my mother and uncle happily urging me on my way with smiles and waves. My Auntie Oria would be on my side, she always was, and she had a way with my Uncle Quillan. If she agreed that this was something I should do, she would be able to convince my uncle. . .I hoped. I still had to get the guts to finalise the payment for flights.