Blossoms

After breakfast all three of us head out to the garden but as we reach the door I'm stopped short by Dominic and Luca stays behind with us. I realize that Dom hasn't been outside since the incident happened and I squeeze his hand to reassure him with a smile and nod. He takes a deep breath and we step outside into the sunshine.

    The breeze feels good and the boys look amazing in the sunlight, I almost forget that they're vampires. I shake my head and laugh at myself for letting it slip my mind so easily.

      We walk out to the garden, the gravel crunching under our feet rhythmically. " What's your favorite flower , Dom ?" I ask him as I look around. "Jasmine!" He says and I spot some and point at it before he takes off in that direction. He doesn't go too far away so we can still see him.

     I lean against a tree as Luca stands with me. "We need to discuss something later, love " he whispers to me and my heart starts racing. Almost as if instinct Lucas eyes snap to mine. "It's nothing bad darling don't worry."

    This sets my mind at ease and I give him a nod and a quick peck on the lips. By this time Dom had ventured out of view, we walk to go find him as we can still hear his happy laughter.

      I wonder how such a small child can still smile and laugh after what happened to his parents but I suppose he is more mature , living in a different world that is.

    We find him sitting in a patch of lavender playing with honey bees, they land on his hand and he giggles, all the while they never sting him. Like he calms them or something. He even holds out some flowers to make it easier for them to get the pollen they need.

     A smile forms on my face and I wonder what it would be like to have a child of my own one day, would Luca want that ? I should ask but this isn't the right time nor place for that. I hope he does though.

    We join him and the bees fly off quickly as he waves them goodbye. "Bye bye bees!" He says and I can't help but chuckle as Luca smiles when I look at him. "Seems like you've made some little friends Dom" I coo to him with enthusiasm written on my features. He nods and I bite my lip in thought. "We should play hide and seek!" I suggest and he nods. Luca can be heard behind me grumbling to himself but doesn't say no.

    "Luca is it !" Dom yells before taking off running and I turn to kiss him and take off running as well. "One... two... three..." I hear him in the distance as I hide behind a bush just a few meters away from the tree line to the forest.

    I hear Luca coming but he suddenly turns and goes to look for Dom , which is probably a good thing. Can't leave a small child unsupervised for long. Not long after there's a child's giggles echoing off the statues that litter the garden. I smile to myself, I'm glad we can distract him from what's going on.

    All of a sudden I feel a wave of nausea hit me and I double over before spilling the contents of my stomach onto the grass. I'm coughing and dry heaving and Luca runs up to me. "Baby , what's wrong ?" He asks as he holds my hair for me and rubs my back.

     Once I'm done I wipe my mouth and sigh. "Probably just the fruit disagreeing with me." I mumbled before standing up and realize that Dom is there too , staring off into the trees not saying anything.

     Luca coughs to get his attention and he looks at us. "Oh sorry... we should get inside though she needs medicine." Luca nods in agreement and the two help me inside. I lay down in bed and have a bucket in case I get sick again. Luca took Dom to the store so I'm alone at the house. Well not really.

    Considering the vast amount of servants and such, I'm never really alone. I close my eyes and drift off.

    When I wake up there's a box sitting on the bedside table with a note attached 'take this baby, I'm in the library
, love Luca'. I open the box and bite my lip before sighing and hoping for the best.