Too Late

"SHERLOCK!" Mycroft roared.

Sherlock jumped, hit his head off a wooden bed slat, swore, dropped the box, hurriedly replaced the floorboard, backed rapidly out from under his bed, tried to stand up, hit is head on the bed frame, and swore. He rapidly brushed dust off his robe and threw himself onto the bed as quickly as possible. He closed his eyes and pretended to retreat into his mind palace just as Mycroft strode in.

Sherlock opened one eye slowly and glared at him.

Mycroft raised one eyebrow knowingly, but chose not to comment.

"You should tell him, you know. Someone has to warn him." Mycroft said knowingly.

"No. There's no need. I thought you had it sorted?" Sherlock yawned convincingly.

"He doesn't know what he's dealing with- he doesn't know the risks!" Mycroft said.

"Why are you even here, Mycroft?" Sherlock enquired coolly.

"Just dropping past. Here to convince you to tell him."

"There's nothing to say!" Said Sherlock insistently, sitting up on his bed.

"Sherlock, it's not a game. If you don't tell him you will only give yourself more work to do! He has a right to know!" Mycroft raised his voice and glared down at Sherlock.

"He doesn't need to- you said you had it under control!" Sherlock snapped.

"Sherlock, you can't do this to him! John needs to-"

"BUT HE'S HAPPY! HE'S HAPPY AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM!" Sherlock yelled.

"Don't be so childish Sherlock! At leas-"

"Leave. Now. Get out. Just get out." Sherlock spoke quietly, his voice pure hatred.

"I-"

"Get out." Sherlock spat.

*

Sherlock typed furiously on his laptop. It had been a week since Mycroft had visited and Sherlock was smoking more that ever.

The keyboard tapped and clicked under Sherlock's rapid fingers.

"Maximum security must be in place...by this evening. The threat is immediate... and must be- resolved? Resolved." Sherlock's mumbling stopped as he heard his phone. He stopped typing abruptly. He looked at the screen and cursed under his breath before accepting the call.

"Mycroft you better make this fast. I'm busy." Sherlock spat.

"It's Mary. She's been shot."