11. I'm Really Late

I'm back to normal. Almost. I would be lying that after all that drama with Ashley, nothing changed in me.

I'm too conscious of how I act with Blue. If she thought that me and Blue liked each other as more than just friends then others might've too. I feel uncomfortable thinking people might misunderstand us as a couple.

It also doesn't help that Blue seems to be hanging out with me unusually more these days.

Perhaps he feels that if he leaves me alone, I'll stop calling him Blue, again. Or maybe he knows I'm being too conscious of him and he wants to assure me that everything is fine.

Either way, his constant presence beside me is flustering.

On a Friday night, me, Blue and Harris are at Blue's home working on our project.

Monday is the due date. We first planned on finishing this in the weekends but other plans cropped up.

I'm leaving town tomorrow evening with my parents to attend a relative's wedding on Sunday.

Blue has football practice tomorrow and Harris is going on a weekend trip with his girlfriend.

At about 11 PM we decide to pull an all-nighter and finish the project.

We worked till 1 AM and that's when the project came to its finishing line. There are still some minor details to be taken care of but it's officially done.

I sleep at one of the guest bedrooms and Harris takes another.

It's almost noon the next day, or it should be with the sharp sunlight I'm feeling on my face.

What woke me up was Harris leaving the house. He was on his phone with his girlfriend and from what I heard she's angry that he hadn't called her early. Today, they leave for their trip.

I'd a really good sleep. I like this mattress on the guest bedroom. It must be one of the expensive ones. My body feels rested.

But I'm not fully awake yet. Me and my family are leaving in the late evening and there's not much to pack for me, so I decide to sleep some more before I return home.

I'm almost asleep again when I hear the room door open.

Blue calls me quietly but I don't respond. I feel like I'll lose my sleep if I talk, so I continue to drift into sleep in silence.

He comes near me and calls me again, but I'm almost fully asleep now. Then suddenly my consciousness comes to me when I feel something brush against my face.

It's Blue. He's gently moving away my hair from my face.

My mind is fully awake, but I don't move. Something doesn't feel right.

He calls my name again but I don't move.

Then he comes close to me and kisses my cheek.

I struggle to keep my breathing normal.

He doesn't move away after the kiss.

He calls my name again and I panic a little. The way he called me is different from the last time. It's as if he's urgent, urgent to do something and he wants to quickly check again if I'm awake. Before I could think what it could be, he kisses my lips.

At first it was an almost non-existent gentle touch but now he has pressed a little hard. I mentally prepare myself to push him away when his phone rings in the living room.

He immediately pulls away from me and rushes out to take the call.

After staying still for what seemed like forever, I slowly open my eyes. Confirming he's not in the room, I sit up and frantically breathe, as if I'd held my breath till then.

I immediately get off the bed and leave the room.

When I see Blue in the living room, I tell him hastily, "hey! Uhm, wow, I'm really late. I gotta go now."

"Wait, have something to eat first," he says.

"N-No. I'm really late. My mom will kill me. We were supposed to have left already," I lie and then grab my backpack and leave.

I don't think much about what happened, because every time it comes to my mind, my thoughts, like, become standstill. It's as if some sort of defence mechanism is stopping my brain from thinking about it.

The wedding helped, too. It kept me distracted.

But once I'm back home on Sunday night, I can't sleep and everything that happened on the Saturday afternoon comes flooding in my mind.

I pick up my phone to call James but stop. I tell James everything, but I've never really talked with him about boys. It feels weird now to do that. I put down the phone and try to sleep.

⤙–⤚

Please, vote and comment :) 💙