Your Turn

"Brea, wake up. The Boss has come to take someone else," Jamie shook my shoulder. I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Thanks, Jamie," I said. She nodded her head and went to stand in the front of the cage. I instantly heard the loud stomping of the guards. I stood up to peer out of the cage. The guards stood in formation as they usually do around the boss.

You could see everyone tense up as the men came closer to their cage and relax as they marched pass. I started to get worried when they didn't stop up in the front of the room. The closer they got the more I worried.

The men stopped in front of my cage. Why are they stopping here! Nobody is even close-

Alexa. Its here fifth month! She is pregnant! Usually they give the pregnant ones time to have the baby and recover. What do they want her for? They cannot take her! I won't let them.

One of the guards stepped into our cage. I looked at Alexa who had a scared expression on her face. She put her hands over her mouth and began to back up against the wall. I stepped in front of her with my arms crossed.

"Don't you dare come near her. You guys always let the pregnant ones have the child first! She hasn't! You can't take her into the stadium!" I shouted. The Boss walked out of the middle of the group to stand in front of me. He had a smirk on his face.

"Oh Brea, silly little girl. I would never make a pregnant woman fight in the stadium! Oh no no no. Its not Alexa's turn, it's yours," He had an evil grin on his face. I was shell shocked!

"But I am only at three and half months! I don't understand!" I replied, shrinking to the back of the cage.

"Well, usually I don't take people this early into there stay, but I am willing to make an exception. Your friend Rodger told me about the trouble you caused him when he was taking you. Well I thought you needed a punishment and lets just say that I got a little extra in my paycheck this week," He winked at me. I felt disgusted. He snapped his fingers and two of the men grabbed my arms. I shook them off and gave each of girls a hug.

"You take care of Alexa okay? I trust you to do it. Don't let her start slipping away again," I whispered into Kelly's ear. She nodded with tears in her eyes. "Bye guys. Stay strong."

With my head held high, I walked towards the door in between the two guards. My confidence was all a fake. I was trying to put on a face for the girls. If my true reaction was showing, my brown eyes would be as big as plates, I would have a nervous twitch, and my screams would echo this whole building.

But instead of doing any of those things I was quiet and stood tall, showing the Boss I was a whole different storm to be in.

As we walked towards the door I got a better view of all the girls in the other cages. There were girls in every cage. Some only had two, others had four. Each had girls staring at me through the bars. The oldies, ones who have been in the stadium, where sitting down looking bored.

They were used to it. That's how Scarlet acted when the Boss came in.

I could feel my facade breaking with each pair of helpless eyes that hit me. I wanted to fall right there and cry my eyes out. It was ridiculous what these cruel men put us through. We all walked to the big door. I looked away from all the girls. If I saw another tear streak down a cheek besides my own, I wouldn't be able to take it anymore.

My focus was on the wooden door that was wide open. As we stepped through the door, I tuned into my surroundings. It was just as Scarlet had described. You walk past the door and almost get suffocated in smoke. You walk in a little more and you can tell automatically its a bar.