Chapter 2

I woke up after a long nights rest and it had been some of the best sleep I'd gotten in a long time. I guess being back in Boston, even for as short as I had been there, was proving to be a good choice for me.

I stretched my arms out and let out a small sigh as I stepped out of bed in Olivia's guest room. I walked into the kitchen and Liv was already cooking breakfast. "It smells fantastic," I said, taking in the scent of bacon and eggs. "I figured i'd make us a nice, big breakfast for your first morning back!" I smiled and sat at her kitchen island as she laid a plate out in front of me. She put some bacon and eggs on the plate and sat across from me.

"So, how'd you sleep," she asked me, taking a bite of her bacon. "Oh man, it was the best sleep I've had in such a long time," I emphasized in response. "I'm glad," she said, "It's really good to have you back. I can't wait to introduce you to Danny and the guys." I stopped chewing. By 'the guys', did she mean the other players on the New England Patriots? Because I do not think I am at all prepared for that. I remember when she told me she was dating Danny and I almost choked on the water I was drinking at the time.

Olivia's family was always a huge football fam. They loved the NE Patriots probably as much as they loved each other. I spent a lot of time at the Culpo household and learned to love the Patriots just as much as they did. I remember for my 16th birthday they had gotten me my very first Brady jersey. It was the best present I had ever gotten. Olivia and I had always loved watching football together. We loved the game and we sure loved the players.

I basically snorted in response, "Um, you mean-" "Yes, the guys as in the other Patriots, Ivy! Danny's friends sometimes come over here and hang with us or hang at Danny's, and now you're gonna be one of us..." She smiled widely knowing how much this was affecting me.

"I don't know, Olivia," I finally said. "Oh shut up," she responded back. "We've only been gawking over the Patriots since we were kids and now i'm dating one. And, hey, who knows, maybe you can date one too," she teased. "Yeah, right," I laughed.

I started to think about all of the players and how absurd it would be to actually be involved with one of them. I had basically dreamt about it my whole life. But, there was no way in hell any of them would go for me. It's no surprise that Danny and Olivia ended up together. She's always been the beautiful friend and i've just always been... there.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. I looked at Olivia and she looked back at me and shrugged. She got up to look through the peep hole and she turned to me. "Well..," she said. "Well what?" I narrowed my eyebrows as she gave me a nervous look. "Uh, I hope you're ready to meet a couple of them now." My jaw physically dropped to the floor as I realized I was still in my pajamas with my makeup from yesterday still on my face. As Olivia opened the door, her boyfriend, Danny was standing there and to his right was his best friend.... none other than Julian Edelman himself.