Epilogue

This cloak made Lin Size exhausted, and it also made Jiang Haifu startled till he choked.

From Jiang Haifu's perspective, Lin Size was just recollecting so hard he had developed some mental issue, and had developed a severe hallucination.

And because of this, Lin Size stubbornly pushed the departure date for Hu prefecture even earlier, wanting to leave once dawn arrived.

The night slowly deepened, and Lin Size sat within Zhang Gan hall, his hand still gripping that cloak, his eyes looking ahead, a bit listlessly.

Gu Hongjian sat beside him, calmly looking at him.

"Hong jian" Lin Size suddenly said, lightly.

Gu Hongjian was startled, jumping, and then responding, "Hmm?"

Of course Lin Size wouldn't be able to hear, he was only mumbling to himself, "Gu Hongjian, are you here?"

"Mmm." Gu Hongjian softly nodded.

Lin Size said, "Probably should be...... this cloak was indeed something you draped over me, right?"

"That's right, I've already said it many times." Gu Hongjian was a bit impatient.

Lin Size said, "If you're by my side, why don't you appear? Why did you only write that one phrase to leave me...... Hongjian, do you hate me very much?"

"Hate you. Ah. I also want to appear, ah. In the middle of the night, when there's nothing to do, scaring you is also good, unfortunately, I can't do it. Ah......" Gu Hongjian helplessly sighed.

Lin Size said, "But since you hate me, why did you still cover me with this? Gu Hongjian....... hah."

"I just coincidentally draped it around you. How was I supposed to know that I could suddenly touch something!" Gu Hongjian could only say with dissatisfaction.

Lin Size said, "This might very well be my last night in the capital."

"Mmm?"

"Hah...... I know that right now I'm not fit for going to Hu prefecture, that I'm probably going to lose my life there if I go. But you're there, so I must go." Lin Size said softly, "If you're still alive, I'll bring you back; if you want to be a big official, you can continue being your unrivaled a.s.sistant Gu, even Chancellor Gu. But if you're tired, and only want to be a little woman, then enter the harem and be my empress, and if you find even this bothersome, then...... I also won't be the emperor anymore, and will accompany you to be a normal person, okay?"

Gu Hongjian lightly said, "Okay."

Lin Size continued talking to himself, his voice extremely quiet and soft, "If you've really died, then...... I'll accompany you. Okay?"

In this moment, Gu Hongjian's speculation received its confirmation, Lin Size had already started thinking that way.

Just like the red waters (from silt) would follow the river to its end, a feeling of ma.s.sive sa.r.s.ens crus.h.i.+ng Gu Hongjian's heart, she lightly shook her head, saying, "No way, no way at all."

But Lin Size couldn't hear it, so he only laughed by himself, "Right now, you're definitely nodding."

Gu Hongjian could only continuously shake her head.

But, this was the first time in the past few days that Lin Size revealed a smile.

However, it was exactly because he had a plan, no matter life or death, he wanted to accompany Gu Hongjian.

It was because of this ridiculous decision, that gave him a little joy, he was probably so very satisfied with this plan.

How could he be so... stupid. Ah.