Chapter Thirty One: Its....

(A/N: This will take place during the episode that we had two weeks ago. I didn't feel comfortable writing Chrissy into it cause it was an important and hot topic and I just felt like it was something that should be left alone.)
---------
      I shut the door to his car outside of the school. "Jordan, you don't have to come,"
     He walked around his car and grabbed my hand. "I know but I still want to come since you won't tell me the gender,"
    I rolled my eyes. "You'll know as soon as everyone else does,"
   "That totally makes me feel special,"
   I stopped in my tracks in front of Jordan and pulled his down by his shirt so I can kiss him deeply. "Does that make you feel special?"
    He kissed me once more but lightly. "Yes ma'am,"
     We walked into the school and JJ came up to us. "Hey man,"
     Jordan nodded to him.  "Hey,"
     JJ looked over at me. "Hey beautiful,"
    Jordan slide his arm around my back. "Hey,"
      Neither Jordan nor I care that JJ called me beautiful like that cause he didn't mean it in a romantic type of way. He meant it in a pure friendship way. JJ and I've known each other almost as long as Asher and I have known each other. I was looking at JJ and was talking to him when I felt Jordan's body go tense. I looked up at him and he was glaring at someone. I turned my head around and saw who it was.
     Asher
  Asher walking in the school with Layla next to him.
     JJ turned and saw him and shook his head. "I can't believe Coach let him back on the team,"
     Jordan glared at him. "Yeah, it's bull,"
    They both looked like they were ready to walk down the hall and kick his ass so I took Jordan's arm from my back and linked my arm with his. I did the same thing with JJ. "Walk me to class boys?"
     They both nodded and took one last look at Asher and then started walking me to class.
    This was going to be a long day.
-------
     "For today's free write, I want you to write about a mistake you truly regret. You-"
     "Ooh, this one will be easy for Mr. Adams huh?"
     "Yeah. I wonder what it's going to be. The time, he messed up his best friend's relationship?"
     "Or when he gave the teams playbook to the rival team?" The first one asked.
    "How about the time he screwed his best friend's sister?"
      I looked back at Asher and I saw that he was looking at the classmates looking like he was about to cry but all he did was get out of his chair and stormed out of class. I slapped my hands on my desk and stood up.  "You guys got some nerve talking about Asher like y'all haven't done anything wrong,"
     "Why are you defending him? He screwed up your relationship with Jordan?"
     I rolled my eyes and looked at that student. "There are parts to the story that none of you know. Yeah, Asher knew about it and blabbed it to everyone but the truth is Asher had nothing to do with what happened between Jordan and I. Not that it's any of your business,"
     "Sounds like you're screwing him too,"
      I chuckled.  "Lance remember the time, you got so drunk that you literally got so drunk, you puke all over yourself and your crush? Or how about last year when you got caught in a threesome and none of the girls was your girlfriend?"
      The teacher stood up at this time."Okay okay that's enough. Chrissy, can you find out where Asher is and try to bring him back to class?"
       I nodded. "Yes ma'am,"
      It didn't take me long to find out where he was. He was sitting on the bleachers looking out in the field. "If you're here to chew me out or make me feel more like shit-"
       I walked over and sat next to him. "I'm only here to make sure you're okay and to bring you back to class,"
     Asher just looked at me and then back to the field without saying anything to me.
"Asher,"
    He didn't move or looked at me.  "Ash, look at me,"
    I took his chin and turning his head to look at me and then dropping my hand.
    "You know it's bad when even JJ's still pissed at me,"
     I sighed.  "Ash... You and JJ were friends before you were teammates. - He'll come around. You know he will,"
     "I betrayed my team. Almost cost them the homecoming game. I got a lot to make up for,"
     "And you will. You just need to give them some time. It's only been a few weeks. Trust me,"
     "AndJ?"
      I opened my mouth but shut it. I dont know about him. J, he's stubborn. "What I thought,"
      "All of what you did homecoming affect Jordan in some way or shape, Asher. You slut shamed his sister in front of the entire student body plus you told everyone about what happened between him and Ripley. And then you gave the playbook to Malibu. So yeah, Jordan is still pissed and probably will be for a good amount of time but don't give up on the friendship, okay?"
      "Why are you being so nice to me? I ruined your relationship,"
     I sighed. I havent gotten a chance to tell Asher what actually happened. "No, you didn't. Not even close to it,"
      Asher gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?"
      "There's more to the story of what happened that night. You might've told everyone about what happened but you weren't the reason we broke up. Knowing what I know now it wasn't Jordan's either. I'm going to tell you what happened so some of that guilt your holding on can be let go,"
        "I dont deserved that,"
       I rolled my eyes, sighed and told him everything that happened. "Holy shit, Chrissy,"
----
       I was setting up the gender reveal as Callie was telling me that her boyfriend which is Brittany's brother was begging to know what Brittany was having. "I know, Jordan's been asking me constantly about it. Even tried to bribe me by going to my favorite restaurant.
      She laughed. "Did you budge?"
      I shook my head. "No,"
      "Good. Is he coming?"
     "He wanted too, but something came up with his sister so he canceled,"
       It was her one-year sobriety meeting and she asked Jordan to be there for her after not realizing it was today all day till Olivia held a family meeting. "Oh okay. Well let's get outside before your parents try to come in,"
      I grabbed a piece of paper, tape, and marker. "Yeah,"
     I shut the front door, locked it and tapped the paper to the door and wrote;
     "We are in the backyard, the door is locked. Gate is open. Dad, Brittany do not try to come inside or you'll ruin the surprise,"
     We walked around to the gate and propped it open so people could get in. The backyard was decked out in pink and blue ribbons and in the middle of the yard was two boxes one saying, girl. The other saying boy.
****
      People starting filing into the backyard. "Hey, guys!"
     Callie walked up and starts directing people. "Gifts go on the table there and if you guys want to, please take write down on a piece of paper, what do you think it is and place it in the bowl,"
     After about thirty minutes went by and everyone was here, I placed Brittany behind the boy box cause that's what she wanted and I placed Dad behind the girl cause he wanted another girl. As Callie walked up to us with the bowl full of the guesses and handed it to me. "After multiple counts, there were 10 votes for a girl and 15 votes for boys,"
      "Dad. Brittany please opened your boxes up," I said.
      They both looked at each other and opened the boxes up and balloons popped up from both boxes.  Dad and Brittany look at me weird then slowly the realization came.  Everyone stood there confused, I laughed. "Congrats, you're having twins!"
      Dad looked like he was gonna faint but still confused. "How? The doctor said there was only one in there,"
     Callie and I shrugged. "I don't know that what the doctor told me,"
     Dad nodded and walked to Brittany and kissed her.