chapter 3

Lillian pov

"You are 15 minutes late Lilian," Aurora said as she walked up to me.

"And how is that your business, Lord of the times and seasons" I murmured.

"What did you say, "she asked smirking .

Oh how much I'd give I just wish to be able to wipe that smirk off her plastic face.

What!!! a girl can wish at least

"Why are you in my office again?"

"Ms. Lee wants all our designs to be submitted tomorrow," she said, not sounding convincing enough.
I saw a flash of emotion in her eyes for a moment. She had this weird tone  before she quickly covered it. I could tell she was lying but there wasn't something else there I couldn't put my finger on.

There was an awkward moment of silence before she spoke.
" I will take my leave now... ta ta."

"So...let me get this straight; you came all the way to my studio before I got here, sat in my favorite and only chair, just to tell me that?"

She turned around and smiled
"Awwn, it's no big deal. Besides I should probably be nicer to less unfortunate people, you know. Tata"

At least she was smart enough to close the door as quickly as she did: for my sake and hers.

What does she have up her sleeve this time?
All I could do was sigh. She's definitely up to no good but then I should probably leave the bitch and her usually futile schemes and focus more on mine; finishing my designs.

~~~~

I got so busy with my designs that I forgot I had to leave early today.  It was 3:00pm already and I was supposed to have left an hour ago. I have to go grocery shopping today. I'd probably have a stroke if I had to gobble down UNCLE BOB'S take out for the fourth night in a row. I could definitely do pizza though, never gonna be tired of that. I could really use a home-cooked meal though. I packed up my bag and my materials. I was taking my materials with me cause I plan to finish the designs today even if it takes all night.

I was hurrying towards the elevator When I bumped into someone spilling all my stuff into the floor. "Oh Shit "
I exclaimed bending down to pick them up when I saw another hand trying to help me. I looked up and saw that it was Mark, our oldest intern and my friend.

He is handsome no doubt about that with his blonde hair and green eyes that you could get lost in.

"I'm so sorry Mark, my head feels like there's a wild hurricane in there", I said standing up.

"it's OK it was a long day I guess, "he said gesturing to my materials.

" you have no idea Mark" I replied smiling at him.
"I got to go mark see you tomorrow," I said walking into the elevator.

"Bye Lily" I heard him say as the elevator door closed.

I had to go home first to drop my materials and freshen up. I couldn't be more sarcastic if I said the day had been the best day of my life.

~~~~

I quickly stopped the taxi. and told the taxi driver my home address. I definitely wasn't in the mood for the bus. In a few minutes we reached my apartment complex. I came down from the taxi and paid the driver.

I walk into the apartment complex as I was greeted by Roberto who was probably on his way out.

" cupcake you came back early today," he said. I smiled back

"yea Robert I had to go grocery shopping today,"

He studied me and saw me struggling to carry everything I was holding and furrowed his brow just a little bit