Chapter 14 ● What the hell is wrong with you? ○

Ashton decides to tell Luke and Michael about what Darren had told him. "Calum's got himself into trouble" Ashton tells them. "What happened to him now?" Michael asks. "He got into a fight with a vampire and now if he dies he might turn into one himself" Ashton replies. "Ooh I'm sure vampire Calum will be so hot" Michael comments. "Ugh shut up! I'm serious" Ashton replies getting a little annoyed at Michael's comment.

"Can one of you guys come with me? We need to bring him back here." Ashton asks them. "I'll come" Luke replies before Michael can. "I wanted to go" Michael says pouting. "Too bad" Luke replies sticking his tongue out at Michael.

Ashton and Luke leave the house and walk in the direction of Ashton's car. They're going by car as they know Calum wouldn't be able to walk back in the state he's in now. They reach the nightclub in around five minutes.

The nightclub is still open. You can hear the loud music and people shouting and all. Ashton parks his car quite close to the back of the nightclub. He and Luke get out of the car and walk in the direction of the back of the nightclub. They find Calum where Darren left him on the concrete border surrounding the tree. He's still unconscious.

Darren watches them from a little distance. He watches them try to wake him up. Calum doesn't wake up though. The two of them then just pick him up and take him to the car. At least he's safe now. Darren then leaves the nightclub and goes back to wherever the hell he came from.

Ashton, Luke and Calum reach Calum's house. Calum wakes up just when they reach. He sits up in the back seat. "How did you guys know where to find me?" Calum asks them. "Let's get inside and we'll explain everything but you need to too" Ashton says. "Alright" Calum replies.

They go inside Calum's house. "So what happened?" Luke asks Calum. "Well this is gonna sound really insane but I had an awful dream about Valley and confronted her about it" Calum replies. "She then got mad at me and tried to turn me into a vampire" he adds. "Like she had forced me to have some of her blood and started drinking my blood and I have no clue what happened next cause I fainted" Calum adds.

"Are you crazy?" Michael asks. "Honestly maybe I am" Calum replies. "Did you at least bring something to defend yourself?" Luke questions. Calum nods in answer to Luke's question slowly taking the knife out of his pocket. "Why didn't you use it?" Ashton asks. "I didn't expect her to move so fast" Calum replies. "What do you mean by that?" Michael asks. "I mean everything just happened so quickly I didn't have much time to react to any of it" Calum replies.

"How did you guys know where to find me?" Calum questions. "Darren took your phone and called me" Ashton answers. "What?" Calum asks. "He called me from your phone" Ashton replies. "How did he even unlock it?" Calum questions. "I have no idea" Ashton answers. "Did you see him?" Calum asks. "Nope he wasn't  there when we arrived" Ashton replies. "So, we still have no idea what the hell he looks like?" Calum responds as a question. The three of them nod to answer him. "Well that's just great" Calum replies. No one says anything after that.

"He could be anyone" Calum suddenly says breaking the silence in the room. "You'll find out soon enough but for now I would rather keep what I look like a secret to you" Darren tells Calum. "Why can't you just let me know now?" Calum asks him. "It's more fun when you have no idea what I look like" he replies. "Can you at least give me a hint?" Calum asks. "No sorry Hoodie" he replies. "Why not?" Calum questions. "Because you might recognise me if you see me" Darren answers.

"Who are you talking to?" Michael asks Calum. "Darren; he's somehow got control over my mind as you may already know" Calum replies. "Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that for a second" he responds. "It's fine" Calum replies. "So, he's not gonna let you know what he looks like?" Ashton questions. "Nope he won't" Calum answers.

"I could have seen him" Calum tells his friends. "I've missed out on the opportunity like thrice" he adds. "What do you mean?" Luke asks. "Well the first time was when he first got control over my mind, the second was when he bit me and the third was when he got mad at Valley for trying to turn me into a vampire" Calum replies. "How do you know he was there when you passed out?" Michael asks. "How else would he have taken my phone?" Calum replies. "Aha I guess that makes sense" Michael responds.

"How is it that you are the victim of both of the real vampires I've heard of so far?" Michael asks Calum. "I have no idea" he replies. "Maybe Darren would know" he adds. "Darren, how come both you and Valley bit me?" Calum asks him. "It's because of the rivalry between the both of us and she knows it'll wind me up if she turns you that's why" he replies. "Why did you drag me into this rivalry between you and Valley?" Calum questions him. "Because I when I first noticed you when you were fifteen I found something interesting about you" Darren replies.

"What did he say?" Michael asks. "Something about vampire rivalry and how he found me interesting since I was fifteen" Calum replies. "Wow that seems so cool" Michael responds. "Yeah everything is cool to you" Calum responds. "Shut up!" Michael tells Calum.

Calum goes to his room after that. He walks towards his window. Just when he's about to close his curtains he notices a message written on the glass of his window in what he suspects is blood. Meet me at the night club tomorrow in the evening at around 6:00 pm come alone or whoever comes with you will get murdered. The message reads.

He takes out his phone and takes a picture of the writing on his window. "Do not go to the nightclub tomorrow" Darren warns him. "So it wasn't you?" He replies to Darren. "Yes I didn't write that, just don't go you'll be dragging yourself into danger" he responds. "And why should I listen to you? I'm going whether you like it or not" he responds back. "You're such an idiot" he responds to Calum. "Thank you" he replies. "You're not going" he tells Calum. "You can't stop me" he replies.