Hypnotized - Ubbe Ragnarsson

€

The room was filled with life, people sharing tales and raiding stories, downing drinks in one gulp. But his eyes were focused in something else, or better, someone else.
Despiste all the fire and warm in the Great Hall, she was the only one lighting up the room, dancing around with the brightest smile he saw her give in months. It was as if the life had come back to her body.

Ubbe watched every moviment of her body with intensity, so hypnotized by her that the mead in his hand was forgotten. He probably looked stupid, as if he has never seen a woman before.. Well, he never saw someone like her before, she never failed to surprise him.

The others ragnarssons gazed curious at his brother, noticing that he was quieter than normal when they had a lot to discuss, even thought it was a feast, they couldn't waste time – Ivar was missing and they knew he wouldn't give up that easily of his revenge or the throne of Kattegat. Lagertha elbowed Bjorn, pointing with her hand to the woman moving around the bonfire placed in the center of the Great Hall, making the other brother look at the same direction. How they never noticed it before? He was head over heels for the gentle and fierce girl that followed them through crazy journeys.

Y/N was a young healer who often helped the brothers every time they showed up with wounds from training, fights or battles. The one who choose to run away with Ubbe, insisting that they would need her knowledge through the though travel. She would do anything to make sure the blue eyed man was alive. But after months away from Kattegat, it became clearer how much it pained her heart to stay away from home.

"Don't be a coward, brother." Bjorn turned to Ubbe, eating a bite of the chicken's leg. "Go talk to her." It wasn't the first time that the viking caught his brother almost drooling for the young woman, but it was the first time that his brother didn't try to make a move.

The man cursed under his breath, adjusting his posture before reaching for the woman, who stopped dancing once she noticed his presence, a huge smile still present on her beautiful lips.

"Came to gift us with your dance, king Ubbe?" she arched her brow, tilting her head to the side to observe the man starting to blush.

He was sure his brother would make fun of him later, a grown man getting shy by the words of woman. But before Ubbe could think of an answer, a frown crowded her face.

"Is it your eye? Does it hurt?" she stepped closer, taking his head in her hands to examine the wounds near his puffy black eyes, earning a wincing from him. She almost had a heart attack when that carriage arrived in Wessex carrying Ubbe's almost lifeless body. "I have some werbs on my hut that can help, come".

He couldn't bring himself to say the opposite. Björn pushed without giving time for Ubbe to think about a subject without looking like a fool, but thankfully you didn't give him time to open his mouth and when he noticed, he was being carried away from the Great Hall.

Y/N put him sat on the small bed covered with a few furs, putting the water to boil in the fire, hurrying to a box craved with runes to search for something that could ease the pain. You smashed everything together, pouring the hot water on the cup.

"Let me see." you turned to him, who watched every single move you did with attention. For what you had seen, everything looked normal. "Does your head hurt?"

You stopped before him, carefully patting the open wounds with the wet flannel. They weren't near as bad as weeks ago – the memory of his bloodied face was still fresh enough in your memory to make your heart ache with the fear of losing him to the Gods – but it would be better if he payed the right attention to it.

"Nothing like before." his big blue eyes looked up at you. "There is no need for th.."

"Hush. That is up for me to tell. Now drink it"

"That's not what I need" his voice was lower, close to a whisper. Stupid stubborn man.

"I already told you tha.."

His lips met yours with need, his hands found you waist, bringing you to straddle his thighs as neither of you seemed to remember that you needed to breath. He had wanted it for a long time. Hel, you dreamed it with for a long time.

"That was..." you pulled away, trying to catch your breath as your starred at him with bright eyes, trying to contain your smile.

"Late" he completed, before sealing your lips again, this time more eager and with not so innocent intentions.

+
It's been a while since I post something so I was obligated myself to sit and finish it in one day, sorry if it sucks.