Chapter 6

This is not what I wanted. I had wanted to go somewhere safe from my fears of him but, now he's inescapable. I'm no longer full of wires but, I'm still in the hospital for observation and therapy. I talk to a psychiatrist and I'm assigned some sort of paper on coping skills every day. Maybe those are good things though since he's almost always with me.
The only time he isn't with me is when I talk to the psychiatrist. He eats all his meals with me and sleeps in the chair next to my bed. He's always trying to talk to me and begs me to respond. I never will though because I want nothing to do with him and quite frankly, I enjoy the pain I'm causing him.
Since I've had to spend days with him now I've finally been able to get a good look at something other than his haunting eyes. He is very handsome and its honestly a shame that he's so evil. Just looking at him you'd never realize that his soft black hair, hardened bone structure, and golden skin were containing such garbage. I hate that he's so beautiful on the outside because I want to hate everything about him, but I can't.
I learned that his name is Apex. I never call him that though. I never speak to him at all but, in my mind, I refer to him as a monster. He must know my name too at this point even though he's never said it. Dianamph or Diana never leave his lips. Instead, he calls me 'mate' or 'love'. I have come to hate both of those terms.
Even now he sits in the chair beside me telling me a story I never asked for. He's always telling me about something since I refuse to answer anything. When I first got here, he asked me every question he could think of. He'd wanted to know everything about me it seemed. He's since given up on that and just tries to find other ways to engage me. While I act like I'm not listening to him, I sort of have to because of how quiet the room is.
He's mostly been telling me his cute childhood stories. He told about how there's a tree house nearby that he and his used to play in as kids and how he'd love to take me there sometime. He told me about how his grandma makes the best carrot cake in the world and that he can't wait for me to try it. He told me about the time that he and his brother once got into a fight over a kindergarten crush and that we'd probably be great friends. In all of his stories, he seems to be trying to end them off with how I'd love some aspect of his life.
He constantly mentions all these people I must meet. He seems to think I want to stay with him. I can't help but wonder what's going to happen when I get out of this room. Will I be able to go home, or will I be forced to stay with him? I shudder at the thought of being forced back under his god-awful mattress. I still even have healing bed sores from being down there.
The psychiatrist that I've been speaking to here has told me that I've developed severe anxiety directed towards small spaces. Looking back at it I think that the smell was the worst part. Being trapped for a month in an enclosed space with no means of any kind of waste removal or hygiene wasn't exactly fun. I can't ever go back there again.
He's still talking when a doctor enters the room.
"Hello, I'm afraid that the normal doctor is on vacation today so I have been asked to substitute", she says.
The monster's face darkens considerably, "you're still just a student and my mate needs the best care".
She just smiles at him professionally and says, "I understand your frustration alpha, but I'm only here to take her vitals. If my being here is going to be a problem for you I'd suggest you go take it up with the administration". He gets up and storms out presumably to go do exactly as she suggested. She shakes her head at his retreating figure before coming to my side. She begins to take my pulse.
"I'm very sorry you have to deal with that Ms. Diana", she says catching me off guard.
"It's not your fault", I tell her. She looks at me with warm eyes.
"No, it's not", she says, "but I think I have a good idea of what you're going through and I promise things can get better". I sigh at her comforting words. I know she means well, but this is a unique situation and I doubt she could understand.
She quickly wraps up what she's doing and is just putting away her blood pressure cuff as the monster returns gloomily. He sits roughly back in the chair with a huff. Just as she's about to leave I finally glance at her name tag.
"Thank you Dr. H", I say. She smiles at me over her shoulder as she leaves the room. I hope she knows that I mean for her kind words more than her taking my vitals. Even if I doubt, she does I still appreciate that she's the first person to try and understand me with everything that's going on. I hope to see her around.

 I hope to see her around