Seventy-Eight - Colby

I woke up with a little shock. Octavia had been back for a little over two weeks. Her stuff was all unpacked in my apartment. She actually lived with me! But... she wasn't there. I looked around the room. No sign of her. I couldn't hear the shower, either. I got out of bed, not wanting to freak out. She's probably in the main room. 

I walked through the door only to be greeted with confetti and a loud "SURPRISE!" I frowned at everyone. "You hit two million, Colbs!" Octavia exclaimed. Ooooh. I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"Hi to you all, too," I said. A few of them smiled. The old roommates were all there along with Brennen, Brandon, Gracie, and Callum, though he was stood in a corner. Probably just here to watch over Gracie and Brandon. Octavia came over to me, pecking my cheek then guiding me over to our friends.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," she said with a smile. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Better. We're all ordering lots of pizza and watching movies in celebration," she said. I nodded.

**********

Everyone slowly left our apartment. It was so crazy how much all of our friends cared. Sam was the last to leave, he lived next door, so the moment the lock turned, I pushed Octavia against the door. She smiled up at my face. "Sorry I got up before you woke up," she apologised.

"It's fine. Just made me worry a tiny bit," she rolled her eyes with a playful smile.

"I'm here. No harm is done to me," she looked behind me. I followed her gaze. Her phone was lit up, signaling a call. She sighed as she made her way to it. Octavia's face lit up when she saw the caller. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, digging my face in her neck as she talked to whoever it was on the other end. By the sound of it, it was her mom. "Yeah, mom... Yeah... I'll call you later, OK? OK, see you... love you... bye," she said. Her phone was thrown onto the couch as she sighed and leaned her head back onto my shoulder. 

"Your mom?"

"Yeah,"

"... wanna go to our room?"

"Yeah," she smirked as she grabbed my hand and pulled me in the right direction.

Sorry, this is so short... forgive me? 😬🙂 Hope you enjoyed :)