One Hundred and Twelve

I woke up to complete silence in the apartment. Colby even in the room with me. I got up and walked into the hallway to hear my first sound - a small crash from the nursery. As I slowly opened the door, I noticed something different... Colby was sat in a chair in the corner while the rest of the room was, well, done. The crib was up and the furniture we'd planned to put in here was ready.

"Colby?" I questioned. His eyes flicked to me from the ceiling and he smiled, making his way over. "Did you do all of this on your own?"

"Well, I didn't want you to be tempted to do it. Plus, I had some ideas." I smiled up at him then hugged him.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Don't thank me, Octavia. Want something to eat?"

"Sure. How long have you been doing this?" we left the room quickly and entered the kitchen.

"Not very long... only like two, three hours?" he poured some coffee into a mug and apple juice into a glass.

"What time did you wake up?" I took the glass from him.

"Well, what time is it now?" I glanced at the digital clock on the oven.

"Nine."

"Then since... I'd say about five? I was about for a while before I had an idea." he shrugged, taking a sip of his drink. I did the same. I was sat on the stool while he leaned against the counter an island away from me. 

"Geez, Colby. Take a break. We got married yesterday and you deserve to have days in like I'm going to." Colby waved his hand like it didn't matter. "Did you sleep well?"

"Great." he grinned until he saw something behind me. I glanced back only to see a large spider above the balcony door.

"All you." I jumped down from my seat with my glass in hand and fled to our bedroom. I had texts from many of the guests at the wedding congratulating us. I replied to as many as I could when Colby walked in. "Dead?"

"I think I died first." I giggled and sent the last text. "Congratulation texts?"

"Yeah." I sighed and smiled at the same time. Colby sat next to me to give me a hug. "We love you."

"I love you both, too." he winked at me then motioned to the door. "Now, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Can you even make anything?" after a short pause, I smiled. "I'll do it."

"Thaaank youuuu." I chuckled, heading back into the kitchen. I decided on bacon sandwiches. As I was flipping over the bacon in the pan, Colby walked into the main area. He had clearly just showered based on the wet hair and new clothes. I could smell the nice scent over the bacon. I reached up to get a plate from the cupboard but Colby beat me to it.

"Thanks." I mumbled, not happy to be helped.

"Babe, you're pregnant. I'm not letting you strain and do anything that could harm you." I gave him a short, playful glare then got four slices of bread from the bread bin. I placed two on each plate.

"What sauce?"

"Red." I nodded and put the bacon on both. I leaned down to get the red sauce. Once I'd cut them both, Colby took one and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you."

"No problem." after throwing the pan into the sink for later, I took my plate to the stood beside Colby's. "Oh! Baby's kicking! Excited for the food, I guess."

"I'm not surprised! I'm excited about food." I giggled and placed my hand over the spot. It was a few seconds until Colby's hand landed on top of mine. Our eyes met; something that made us both smile. "I can't wait until she's born."

"Me neither." we looked away for a brief second.

Just Octavia and Colby being normal people for once.