Sick Of You ||12||

The rain didn't stop when we thought it would,it didn't even stop in the slightest,Jeff and I were both soaking wet and we had no sense of time.
I tried looking ahead or above a little to see any light,hoping I'd see the gas station nearby.But nothing.

We had both taken breaks in between running,but now Jeff didn't want anymore breaks,he thought we were close but in reality we could be hours and hours away.

I didn't object to it,I mean,we could be a few minutes away but, there comes a point where your lungs can't take hours of running without water. I wheezed and gasped for air,but it only dried my throat more,I coughed and hacked.

Jeff stopped and turned to me,he let out a sigh and walked to me,now I feel like I'm slowing us down..

"You alright,are you sick?" He asked.

I wiped away the extra water off my face before answering in a low raspy voice.

"My,my throat is k-killing me.." I couldn't help but cough right after.

He nodded and replied.

"Don't talk for awhile,just until I get you water or something to drink." He said,we turned our running into speed walking.

But it still didn't help my lungs,it felt like ants were digging their little claws into my lungs,I wanted to itch it so badly.
But obviously I can't.

My eyes narrowed down the floor again,come to think of it,my whole body feels weak right now,I havent had food for awhile.
I placed my hand over my stomach,I could feel the bones of my ribcage stick out a bit,I wasnt like this when i first met Jack,he barely fed me so I inhabited a bad appetite.Even when I was at Connie's,I wouldn't eat much.

She would cook so much food for the two of us,but I'd only eat extremely small portions,she got concerned about it and tried asking a doctor,but,after that she never mentioned it.

While thinking about Connie,Keith suddenly came to mind,remembering his drunken state and how he acted,if Jack were there,he would've killed him on the spot.
I feel had for his family,they must miss him.

Wait..

He was killed the same night I left,he was at my door,I was in my house.What if they think I killed him and left?
Oh god,oh my god this is bad.

The cops are probably hunting me down too,Connie must be heartbroken.

A sudden wave of guilt flushed over me,I know I didn't kill him but I can't exactly prove it,unless Connie can.

Maybe they would think it was a suicide,he was very drunk and he couldn't control himself.

"There it is!" Jeff shouted,I jerked my head up and saw a small liquor store,the windows were light up by with the light inside,a big sign that flashed red said 'open 24/7'
We both ran to the store,as soon as we stepped in,a man noticed Jeff's face and he freaked out.

"I-is that r-real?" The man asked,pointing his finger to Jeff's face.

I shook my head,he sighed in relief and sat back down in his chair,sweat still remained in his head.I kept an good eye on him while we roamed the store.

Jeff grabbed some bottles of water and some snacks,I kinda miss fruit right now,specifically strawberries.

I push the weird craving away as we walked to the countertop,the man placed everything neatly into a bag and handed it back to us,I grabbed it from him and Jeff panted down his pants.

"Shit.." he mumbled,so Jeff's hand wondered to his hoodie pocket and pulled out a threatening looking knife,I say threatening because the colors on the handle looked weird and unnatural for a knife.

"What d-do y-you want?" The man asked.

"First your keys." He said.

The man hesitantly handed him his keys,Jeff took it and pressed a unlock button on the plastic part,the lights of the car flashed and a beep could be heard.
The car was small,a dark grey,it had a few scratches on the sides,but it seemed in nice condition,and clean.

"Good,now all of the money in the cash register,and your wallet,keep your identity and credit cards I don't want that shit."
Jeff spat,getting impatient with him.

"Quickly!" Jeff yelled.

The man whimpered and went faster with the process,shoving money into a bag and giving it to Jeff,the man shakingly took out his wallet and all the cards inside of it.

Jeff and I hopped into the car,he put whatever stuff we had in the back seat.Jeff started the car,looking at gas tank,it read full.

Jeff let out a low chuckle,and began to drive away,I opened the water bottle and let the cold liquid lighten up my throat,I smiled while the pain slowly went away.

"Now we're back on track baby,whoo!" Jeff yelled.

I chuckled,he seemed to excited now,but should we be? I mean we're still being hunted down,and who knows the guy could've contacted the police while we were there.

But I shrugged it off and played off as happy to amuse Jeff,he kept talking about how much he missed doing this stuff,he usually did so called 'fun' stuff with Jack,I guess they're alot closer than I thought.

I ate some of the food we took,I regained my strength but soon got tired right afterwards.
Jeff recommended taking a nap again,but I felt bad leaving him all alone,but while I was thinking about it,I guess I had fallen asleep anyway,and completely forgotten about what I was fighting about in my head.

Jeff's P.O.V

I looked down at her sleeping figure,she was curled into a ball while leaving against the window,I focused back on the road.

This is gonna be alot harder than I thought.

My hands tightened around the steering wheel,I can't focus like this,I need a break right now.
I drove the car into a small ditch,I parked it and got out of the car,locking it behind me.I sat in front of the car,on the damp grass,and held my head in my hands.

Why am I so stupid!

You can't do this Jeff!

She'll notice you idiot!

With every piercing word I spat at myself,my chest seemed to ache more and more,I started to shake.

I leaned my hear back,so it hit the car.

And I sighed.

××

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
×

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~》☆|||||||||||>
|<<"We'll Find Each Other..">>|<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~》☆|||||||||||>
☆Welcome to the second book of: -Promise Me You'll Stay?-☆

Sorry for the long wait!
×

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
××
[Out]