Chapter 2: Welcome Philippines!

America jumped up in shock which he immediately regrets as he feels a sharp pain in his strained neck. 

"Aw Fuck!" America shouted in pain earning a confused and concerned look from the smaller country.

"Are you okay there, Ame?" Philippines small voice was muffled by the window. America nodded despite the pain and offered Philippines a thumb up. He cracked his neck side to side before exiting the car.

"I'm so sorry, America. I can't just leave you asleep in your car at this time of day and not to mention your position in the car." Philippines cowers down in embarrassment making him look smaller than he is. 

He looks so cute.

America shook his head before thinking any further and looks at his wristwatch seeing that it's 12:53 noon and the sun is scorching hot.

"Sus maryosep! America you look devastated!!! Kakabreak-up mo lang ba?? (did you just broke up?)" Philippines exclaimed loudly which America answers with an embarrassed shrug.

"No. I rushed my report for the UN and I haven't slept in two days so I slept in the car but never mind that" America explained briefly.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" America asked.

"Oh! I... I-I kinda... delivered my UN report... uh... personally..." Philippines swayed side by side like a bamboo tree as America stared at him.

"You what? Wait... Did you hand your report personally? I thought you can send it through email?"

"I know! But our internet back home is super slow! I tried sending it last three days ago with no avail! So I..... I handed it personally?" Philippines replied with a pout as if he is trying to pretend to be fuming anger which made the bigger country laugh.

America really acknowledges the smaller country for his efforts. It's been a while since they met and he likes this country since he always made him smile.

"So, since you're here... where will you be staying?" America cannot help but ask. 

"Mmm... I was actually going to look for a cheap hotel to stay in. My flight back is booked in five days so might as well bring back pasalubongs (souvenirs)." Philippines answered while adjusting his huge brown backpack behind him that is obviously pretty heavy.

"How about staying in my place for a while?" after America realized what said he immediately turned his head away. 

He colonialized him in the past, right. Why the hell would he even suggest that? America's anxiety begins to rise up as he tastes the bile up his throat. Why did he even asked?

America's flow of thoughts suddenly stops when he felt a feather-light tap on his arm.

"If its no trouble for you, I'll accept your offer," Philippines replied while having a sincere smile in his face which made America sigh in relief.

He didn't mind after all. 

"Well, hop in" America points back in his car offering the ride which Philippines skipped a jumped to the opposite side of the car.

As both countries are seated inside the car, Philippines suddenly caught something in his line of smell. He begins to sniff the air and turns toward America discovering that the odor is from the other country.

Embarrassed, America rambles for an excuse "I-I... I was.. I... sorry! I haven't taken a bath for five days!" he exclaimed while blushing to wave his hands furiously in the air.

"No! No! No! I should be sorry that.. was... That was so rude! Sorry!!!" Philippines retorted back copying America as an instinct.

"But I'm probably torturing your nose by now."

"No, you're not! At least you don't smell like liquor, or cigarettes or...or.. uhh..."

"Or an old man?"

"No! No!  Who said that you're old?!"

America and Philippines looked at each other and started to laugh before America rolled the windows down and they drove to his place in a comfortable silence.

---------------

The car is a 2018 Bugatti Chiron. Sweet

The author also rushed this chapter

The author also rushed this chapter... hehe.