Alex

Chapter 2

**********
Alex

"Has it been this long" I thought to myself as i stood by the window of my office. I own the Lombardi cooperations. A company that was originally started by my grandparents. It was a fairly okay company but after  I took over, it was soaring high and with time managed to make it a billion dollar company. Many are competing to work with me.

Excuse my manners, my names are Alejandro Lombardi. At 30 years old am a billionaire. The world knows me as a cruel, cold hearted and womanizer. And I let them think like that.
Life wasn't really easy and simple as most people assume about rich families. Kids that's come from a wealthy background suffer the most in my opinion. The same happens to be my case growing up.

My parents had a troubled marriage which in turn took its effect on me. Constantly fighting and throwing words at each other even in front of me.
I hated relationships as I knew they'd end up just like my folks.

3 years ago I met the most beautiful girl in the world. She was perfect and mesmerizing and would turn heads wherever she passed. Bethany was her name. I was in my final year of university and popular as I was the basketball captain.
Girls would throw themselves at me and I would take advantage of that, like heck who wouldn't.
But everything stopped the moment I met Beth.

All I ever wanted to do was to please her and fair enough I did. Within a weeks time we were already talking and getting to know each other. She helped me achieve a lot, made me study harder and behave well with fellow students.

Something happened that should never have. One evening after dropping beth home, I went back straight to my house and went to sleep after my usual night routines and all. It was around 10 o'clock in the morning when I heard someone scream my name. I jumped out of bed and there was Bethany with horror on her face. I looked  at the direction she was looking at and I felt my heart skip a beat literally. Laying next to me was this blonde girl that I don't who she is and how she got to my bed. To make matters worse, she got up and started kissing me like I was her boyfriend.
The next thing I know is beth running out the room and I was up after her. I tried explaining to her what happened and that I don't know who she is. Given my reputation at school, she didn't believe me at first and walked out on me. I somehow managed to convince her and prove to her that it wasn't me and must have been one of my friends who came with her.

At first that broke my heart as I felt like she should have trust in me. I genuinely love her. In the end she confronted my friends about it and they were soon at war. From that day onwards, my friends and beth were enemies.
We were once again on good terms and things were going really well and smooth. One day we got invited to friends house party and as I was running late, I had asked Beth to get there before me. Her love changed me for the better and that was what broke my heart even more. I was and I am still nothing without Beth, love of my life.

*************************************************

I'm sorry for the late update but I promise to do better. I'd appreciate your feedback on the few chapters so far...